It’s been a viral world.
As the new year draws closer and closer, it’s always fun to sit back and reminisce on the good ole’ days of 2018.
However, this is MangoBaaz, so instead, we’re going to write an article on it. Oh and rather than the good ole’ days, we thought we’d talk about the good ole’ viral days we were all blessed with this past year.
So without further ado, here were the most viral moments in Pakistan in 2018.
1. DIPLO came to Pakistan.
He closed the show with, “Peace, Love and Party” – need I say more?
2. Multan fans made the cutest song for PSL.
It was ADORABLE.
3. This guy designed his sister’s Nikkahnama.
“Islamic marriage contracts aren’t usually well designed. As a graphic designer, I couldn’t let my sister sign one that was poorly typed up in Word and printed on a plain white paper… so I put this together as a gift. I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out” his Facebook post read.
4. These Pakistani Anchors just LOST it on live TV.
When Pakistan TV anchors ‘slip into a short break’. pic.twitter.com/husfLG8DLS
— Shiv Aroor (@ShivAroor) February 26, 2018
5. This expecting mom had the most creative baby shower.
After having an incredibly difficult time during her own pregnancy, this mama decided to give back. She told MangoBaaz,
“When I was going through this condition, a lot of sacrifices were given. People from around the world were making special dua in their mosques for me and my baby, now that Alhamdullilah I’m stable, I want to be able to do something on my own to give back. My friends decided to throw me a dream baby shower however I please, and I thought to give to the world rather than receive anything.” Read the whole story here.
6. This Lahori Dulha wore a completely gold suit to his wedding.
Let’s hope it was a one-time thing.
7. PIA released an Inception-inspired trailer for the airline.
— PIA (@Official_PIA) April 5, 2018
8. Malala and Elon Musk shared a few choice words.
He said this:
Going to create a site where the public can rate the core truth of any article & track the credibility score over time of each journalist, editor & publication. Thinking of calling it Pravda …
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 23, 2018
Then they said this:
— ClickHole (@ClickHole) May 30, 2018
And then SHE SAID:
— Malala (@Malala) May 31, 2018
Hi @Malala! 💕👻😅
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 31, 2018
I’m keeping the car btw! 😉🚘
— Malala (@Malala) May 31, 2018
It was magic.
9. Jahangir Tareen became FAMOUS.
Woman: I'm a strong independent woman who…
Jahangir tareen: who said independent? pic.twitter.com/hwGP0wUrMF
— Waleed Nasir (@waleednasir00) July 30, 2018
And so did his son.
10. REHAM KHAN LOST IT AND WROTE A BOOK.
A big thank you to the biggest SM mafia for promoting my book for free on twitter yesterday.😊
— Reham Khan (@RehamKhan1) June 2, 2018
— Reham Khan (@RehamKhan1) July 13, 2018
11. The KIKI Challenge came to Pakistan.
So here is the first real airplane version of #KiKiChallenge 👇. Its recorded by a foreign visitor Eva zu Beck, She decided to celebrate Pakistan’s #IndependenceDay with @Official_PIA Kiki-style 🇵🇰 pic.twitter.com/OOuZpZTUzW
— Syed Raza Mehdi (@SyedRezaMehdi) August 13, 2018
As did Eva Zubeck.
Rather than arranging for dance classes, please focus on delivering a better service. You staff is shit trained. #Markhor nahi apnay andar sy #HaramKhor Kahatam kero. #DumbMarketing #ShitService #PainInAss
— Faraz Majid Ali (@PharazMajid) August 13, 2018
12. This guy proposed to his girlfriend at an Atif Aslam concert.
It was pretty cute.
13. This video of Pakistani and Indian soldiers dancing together – peace goals.
— Neeraj Rajput (@neeraj_rajput) August 28, 2018
14. Fucking Johnny Johnny nursery rhyme took a mind of its own.
15. As did the popular, ‘Baby Shark’ song.
16. The absolutely terrifying ‘Momo challenge‘ surfaced.
17. This Doc in America wanted to sell everything and move to Naya Pakistan.
This is how Pakistani's response when Khan asks them for help. How much they trust their #PrimeMinisterImranKhan
See,How Dr Imran, regional director and a physician in USA, selling all his properties there and bringing all his wealth in foreign currency to Pakistan#PMIKAddress pic.twitter.com/u0WQnNvznF
— PTI (@PTIofficial) August 20, 2018
Wonder where he’s been.
18. Sham Idrees got FINALLY got engaged to Froggy.
Just in case you were curious:
19. The E-Chalaan begins in Punjab.
It was good for many as it genuinely made many Lahoris much more conscience. But not all of them:
This guy was caught cheating thanks to the cameras.
— Ali Bukhari Shah (@AliBukhariShah) November 18, 2018
20. Zulfi Bukhari casually chilling with Rihanna and Drake.
He even knows drake pic.twitter.com/blD3dJB70T
— Ahmed Malik (@AhmedMalik_) September 18, 2018
— Haris (@HasBeenWrong) September 18, 2018
21. Waj bro was also chilling, in Imran Khan’s bathtub.
It waa, insightful?
22. The Pakistani High Commissioner was WASTED.
Whatta guy, welcome to Naya the fuck Pakistan.
23. Shahid Afridi trolled badly after being caught chewing naswar.
— SYEDA TUBA AAMIR (@TubaAtweets) September 6, 2018
24. Siyasi Bachi went viral in Pakistan for her thoughts on literally everything.
25. As did the angry Pathan kid.
Let's make this kid FAMOUS.
Gepostet von MangoBaaz Video am Samstag, 13. Oktober 2018
26. In a monumental decision, Asia Bibi was officially freed from prison.
27. Pakistan’s banks hit with the biggest cyber attack in HISTORY.
Cyber attack on Bank Islami , it is the biggest attack in the history of Pakistan.All internet banking and atm are closed, amount of 15 million US dollars wiped off.
SBP called all CIOs for an emergency meeting today. pic.twitter.com/55pg0Gha2V
— Mansoor Ahmed (@mans00rahmed) October 29, 2018
28. This drug burning that took place in Peshawar and looked absolutely INSANE.
29. Ko-ko Karina happened ya’ll.
Sorry for making you listen to it again.
30. Azhar Ali just embarrassed himself in front of everyone and their mom by his bad run.
31. Karachi was smelling real bad for a while there.
There's the weird smell in Karachi right now. Felt it at gym, now at home. People reporting same on Facebook too.
— HK. (@HammaaadKhan) October 9, 2018
32. MOTH MEMES.
Blink 182 meets moth meme 🔥 pic.twitter.com/pMcvpIcE0O
— Zach burg (@zakkattack1993) September 29, 2018
33. Muslims all over the world fell in love with Christiano Ronaldo because he said Salaam on Insta Live.
thats why hes the GOAT
— HeyHarith (@Harith_209) October 1, 2018
Guess that’s all it takes.
34. Naya Pakistan brought two Imran Khan lookalikes with it.
Imran twin one:
– spotted this guy at the Karachi golf club .. pic.twitter.com/HjWd974ip0
— Asif Khan (@mak_asif) September 30, 2018
Imran twin two:
LOOK WHO'S DRIVING AROUND COMMON PEOPLE, MY PRIME MINISTER!!❤️ pic.twitter.com/GJTUl87CDq
— 🌻 (@sehrishjsultan) September 30, 2018
35. The Ammi Jee dialogue went CRAZY viral.
(NOT FIT FOR WORK)
He: I Have Ammi Ji Link.
— Ha🙂nain ツ (@HaiDarii_110) November 30, 2018
36. This bride entered her wedding IN A cake.
37. We all found out that George Bush’s tailor gets flown into America from Karachi.
— Amir Azam Siddiqi (@amir274) November 27, 2018
38. The adorable first lady of Malaysia asked Imran Khan if she could hold his hand.
Malaysia’s first lady Siti Hasmah Mohamad asks Pakistan's PM: "Can I hold your hand?" before the photo. "Sure"@ImranKhanPTI replies with a smile prompting laughter from those in the audience including PM Mahathir Mohamad @chedetofficial. This is how much IK is loved & respected😊 pic.twitter.com/tejwlnr5VW
— Sana Jamal (@Sana_Jamal) November 21, 2018
UGH, THIS WILL ALWAYS BE CUTE NO MATTER WHAT YEAR IT IS.
39. This dancing bride stole the show and won hearts all over Pakistan.
Now THAT is a happy bride, MashAllah.
Read what she had to say and why we legit fell even more in love with her.
40. Faryal Makhdoom took a dick pic.
41. These kids at GCU KILLED it by making an insane Harry Potter movie.
42. Jibraan Nasir danced his heart out at a Mehndi.
Also, he’s like reallly good.
And the besttttt news to carry us out into the new year?
43. BASANT IS BACK BABY.
— Radio Pakistan (@RadioPakistan) December 13, 2018
There ya have it, folks. Forty-three of some of the most viral moments from this year. Did we miss any? If we did, let us know in the comments below! Love you and can’t wait to share the next forty-three with all of you.
Cover photo source: Tribune/@IslamabadScene Via Twitter