There really never is a dull moment within the Pakistani entertainment industry. We’ve had quite the thrilling year, from our celebrities either getting married or raising various controversies – 2018 was full of a LOT of times when celebrities legit broke the internet and left us all speechless.
So, let’s begin, shall we?
1. When Mr. and Mrs. Panther appeared on a morning show together
…Where Aamir’s wife admitted to calling him ‘panther’ as a nickname.
2. When Javed Sheikh tried to kiss Mahira Khan
Mahira was so embarrassed by all the trolling Javed Sheikh was receiving, she had to intervene and make it clear that she respects him immensely – but still – it was MEGA awkward LOL.
— Deep Basu (@deepbasu1) February 21, 2018
3. Momina Mustehsan and Ahad Raza Mir’s Coke Studio of ‘Ko Ko Korina’ that almost started World War III
Shireen Mazari, Waheed Murad’s son and almost everyone on the planet trolled the song so much, it became an actual national crisis.
4. Zayn Malik literally ruining Kailash Kher’s iconic ‘Teri Deewani‘…
5. …And then declaring himself a non-Muslim
zayn malik: leaving islam.
fully understand why so many things are haraam in islam, the music industry and alcohol being an example. they just distance you from your religion till you’ve lost all faith.
zayn’s a prime example of letting fame get to his head. cancelled. 🤮 pic.twitter.com/qhghOfw2XK
— ✨ (@bismah_x) November 9, 2018
6. When Hum Television gave us a new on-screen couple Iqra Aziz and Farhan Saeed to drool over and ship in the drama ‘Suno Chanda’
7. When Neelam Muneer shocked the nation with her fabulous acting in ‘Dil Mom Ka Diya,’ especially the last episode that broke everyone’s hearts
8. Aiman Khan and Muneeb Butt’s NEVER ENDING wedding
It got to the point where people started trolling them and called it a Star Plus drama!
9. Feroze Khan’s unforgettable role as Mir Hadi in Khaani
He was praised immensely for playing such a ruthless and terrifying antagonist.
10. Nadia Hussain and her never-ending controversies, for example, the time she went on an abusive tirade after haters trolled her children
11. The time Sahir Lodhi invited a man with his girlfriend AND wife onto his show
12. When Sajal Aly and Ahad’s bridal shoot got SO MUCH FREAKING HATE
13. When Mansha Pasha called out Momina, Sadaf and Hira Mani all in one tweet
From stole my husband from my best friend and cheated on my fiancee, to jab Me Too hota hai ussi waqt kiyon nahi boltein, to quotes from Uncle Ben and your friendly neighbourhood spider-man.
The women of this industry need to step up and learn to speak better.
— manshapasha (@manshapasha) October 22, 2018
14. When Feroze Khan attacked the Hum Style Awards for mocking his marriage and threatening to boycott all award shows that make fun of his family
15. Iqra Aziz’s glow up that legit started a trend of everyone in Pakistan following in suit
16. When Hina Altaf revealed she was domestically abused by her own mother
17. When Kumail Nanjiani became the first Pakistani to host SNL and literally kill it
18. Zara Noor Abbas shutting up models who made fun of her walk at FPWSS 2018
A few Pakistani models uploaded a video of actress Zara Noor Abbas walking the runway, and Zara hit back in the most savage way.
19. Mathira’s Kiki challenge…and also Azfar Rehman’s LOL
20. When Ahsan Khan suddenly changed his accent and everyone was like WTF
21. When Farhan Saeed called out all the celebrities who were attending the Hum Style Awards instead of staying behind to vote in the general elections
— Farhan Saeed (@farhan_saeed) July 23, 2018
22. Mahira Khan’s debut at Cannes Film Festival
View this post on Instagram
Oh Cannes you have a piece of my heart! Thank you for taking us in with open arms, you were warm and generous. I wish I could pen down my entire experience but that’ll be a long love letter for another time. However there are a few things I want to relay to all of you. As I sat in the car on my way to the airport I realised that I felt more empowered than ever before. And the reason was because of the amazing women that I met over the last three days. All these talented women had one thing in common – they lifted each other up. They were supportive and kind. They had each other’s backs. And that is the only (if any) key to success. It is empowering to sit with women and speak about the lines under your eyes or how fast your children are growing up. It’s a relief when it is your first time on the red carpet with hundreds of people photographing you, to get a ‘you’ve got this’ from the girl whose done this like a dream so many times. It was even more amazing to get all these lovely msgs from my industry back home. And the best family and friends one could ask for. Aah and my fan family, how I love thee! We are nothing alone, and that is something life keeps teaching me time and again. My @seherhafeez I love you. @amarfaiz for giving it your all. @shakeelbinafzal for keeping up with the insanity and @manekaharisinghani for being there always💞 Loreal Pakistan 🇵🇰, we did it! Thank you loreal Paris for having us.. can’t wait to see you again! À bientôt, Love love love X #lorealparis #lorealcannes #lorealpkatcannes #cannes2018 Ramzan Mubarak to all✨🌙 📸 by @happymonday 💞
23. Feroze Khan’s wedding after months of speculating who exactly he was marrying
24. When Meesha Shafi accusing Ali Zafar of sexual harassment
THIS WAS LEGIT SHOCKING.
25. Aisha Khan announcing her retirement from the industry because she was getting married
….And all her wedding ceremonies too
26. Syra Shahroz’s campaign about Pakistan’s dark portrayal in America
‘Cross Stitch’ roped in Pakistani actress Syra Shahroz for its latest campaign, that is the answer to Homeland’s season four poster. The show was heavily condemned and criticized for inciting Islamophobia, with this particular image inciting negative connotations around Islamic culture.
27. Fawad, Mahira, Hamza and Humaima bringing
sexy Maula Jatt back and getting everyone excited for 2019
What was your favorite time a Pakistani celebrity broke the internet?