The Class of 2015 is about to enter the dreaded “real world.” For many of you it’s time to apply for grad schools, get married or apply for jobs. Here is a list of things that goes around in the minds of everyone landing a job interview.
1. Oh gosh! Oh gosh! Finally got a call after those two dozen unanswered applications.
Hmm… the lady on the phone sounded nice. She spoke English, bet the office is really cool. I hope there are hot people at the office. Ooo yeeeah! I’m going to make some cool new “work friends”!
2. What if my boss is an a-hole? *Shudders*
3. Dang, I should have asked for the interview to be scheduled next week instead of tomorrow.
What am I going to wear? I like my white Calvin Klein shirt. But blue is supposed to be a power color for professional attire. My blue shirt doesn’t go with my lucky grey pants. I can’t not wear my lucky greys.
4. I have 1, 2, 3… 18 hours till the interview so I need to be asleep by 1.30 am to be up at 7 in the morning.
I think I’ll eat an apple for breakfast. Not too heavy and natural caffeine and teeth whitener, two in one!
5. Oh shit! It’s 1 am already, I should start getting ready for bed.
6. I should lay out my clothes for tomorrow. Damnit! I don’t have plain black dress shoes.
7. MAMAAAA! WHERE ARE MY FANCY RED SOCKS?
I need the red socks, it gives you confidence regardless of anyone else not even paying attention to them.
8. FUCKFUCKFUCK! It’s 3.30 am already!?
Maybe, I’ll skip sleeping and drink up two cups of coffee. And wont’ put milk in it.
9. A quick 30 minute nap will wake me up mentally.
Huh… It’s 30 minutes already? Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!
10. Oh, shoot! Coffee stain on my lucky greys.
Quick change! MAMAAAAAAAAA, where are my black pants? Okay, 15 minutes to interview. Right turn from Ghazi Chowk and second lane to the left. Was it second lane or the third one? Second it is!
11. Hmm… the office is… okay… I think.
And the lady only sounded hot on the phone. And so not nice, either. Didn’t even ask me for a glass of water.
12. Oh boy, is that woman supposed to be my boss?
She looks angry about something. Marr gaye! Heart beat going up… Oh god! Oh god! PANIC ATTACK! Okay, boss lady is asking to see me. Breathe in, breathe out… In… Out…In…Out…
13. SHOW TIME
“Asalam-Alaikam. Hi, my name is Sarmad…”