Ramazan is almost upon us. Last year was a whirlwind, it came and went, just like it does every year. Not only is Ramazan a holy month, but it’s also quite an eventful one.
In preparation for this year, here’s a recap of all that happened this past Ramazan:
1. Amir Liaqat went back to being a rockstar.
2. Other TV show hosts tried to follow in Amir Liaqat’s footsteps.
3. Komal Rizvi took a selfie with Edhi and everyone went crazy.
4. The Shan commercial was played on TV every other minute.
5. News channels became paparazzi and followed Ayyan Ali wherever she went after her release from Adiala Jail.
6. The heat was unbearable.
7. The media hyped up Bin Roye throughout the whole month.
8. The government failed to deliver on its promise of electricity.
9. All the restaurants had over-priced iftaris and buffets.
10. Most people in Pakistan didn’t go to sleep till after Sehri.
11. Most Pakistani professionals had a good excuse to come to work late and leave early.
12. The people who thought they would lose weight this Ramzan, actually gained a few kilos.
13. The Masjids started seeing a higher attendance.
14. People couldn’t get over the Kit Kat Telcum Powder advert.
15. Cute kids turned into devout muslims.
16. Katrina and Deepika were replaced by naat singing Maulvis.
17. Pak-China fraandship became stronger.
18. Pakistanis and Kashmiris got upset with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif over his friendliness with Mr. Modi.
19. Mangoes were consumed in most fruit chaats. Yum!
20. Porn searches in Pakistan went to all time low.
The numbers drastically changed on Chaand Raat, though.
21. NASA was able to get images of Pluto, while Ruet-e-Hilal yet again had difficulty finding the moon.
We hope you enjoyed your Ramazan last year. Let us know in the comments section if we missed something.
How are you looking to welcome Ramazan this year?
Zarra ye bhee check karein: