Initially you didn’t understand why you dreaded your parlor visits and then it hit you, it must have been the critical-to-your-experience parlor waali all along. She inspected you under a spotlight and made sure you know and understand each flaw you have. Maybe all those comments from here are what left you so vulnerable.
Here are the times you were hilariously emotionally abused by your parlor waali and you couldn’t do anything about it:
1. When she told you how tan you have gotten
Dhoop mein phirti rehti ho?
2. When she inspected your hair and said “saaray kaatne parein gay”
Her: Saaray ke saaray damaged hain.
Me: Phir aap tind kardein 🙂
3. When she compared you to your mom and asked you “tum kiss par chali gai ho?”
4. When she casually comments “weight gain karlia hai aapne”
But you had been dieting…
5. When she heartlessly exclaimed how hairy you are
6. When she hands you the ugliest feet award while doing your pedicure
Oh wow, thanks.
7. When she thinks you’re not around and she tells your mom how you don’t take care of yourself at all
But you heard it, alright.
8. When she chops off a huge chunk from your eyebrows even when you specifically asked her to just make them neat
9. When she gave you a bob when all you asked for was a trim
10. And when you totally gave up on her and just decided to live with whatever she does
No matter what she says now, it just doesn’t bother you anymore. Because pleasing your parlor waali isn’t just mushkil….it’s na mumkin. So you don’t even care anymore.
What other zulm has your parlor waali subjected you to?
Cover image via: Ali Hussain