Wherever you go in the world, every place has its local stereotypes. The thing about stereotypes is that they create false perceptions that are detrimental to societal progress.
So, the best thing to do is laugh at the ridiculousness of these stereotypes.
1. Hijabis: All of them are very shareef and perfect obedient housewife material.
But what if one of them wants to become a Burqa Avenger?
2. Girls wearing jeans: *censored*.
3. People who can’t read English: Paindoo.
Fun Fact: English is not our first language.
4. White skin: Desi Cinderella.
There is a reason why Fair and Lovely does so well in this country.
5. Dark skin: Not shaadi material.
Dark people be like “hum kale hain tou kya hua dilwale hain”.
6. Unmarried Pakistani men past the age of 30: Eligible bachelor.
7. Unmarried Pakistani girl past the age of 30: “Shaadi say reh gayi bachaari”.
Source: Express Tribune
Probably not shareef or a RAW agent.
8. Men with beards: Shareef Maulvi OR Jihaadi terrorist.
Because having a beard can’t be a fashion statement.
9. Prays 5 times a day: extremist/closed minded.
Jannat mujhe tera baap bheja ga?
10. Career oriented Pakistani men: The best husbands.
Source: amusing fun
Because a great husband is defined primarily by his career.
11. Career oriented Pakistani women: The worst wives.
And you thought things might be a little different in the 21st century?
12. Pakistani male dancing at a Pakistani wedding/concert: What a fun guy.
Aunties be like: “He would be a good son-in law”.
13. Pakistani female dancing at a Pakistani wedding/concert: Third class aurat.
She makes Nargis feel like Zubaida aapa.
14. Love marriage: abnormal
Source: Pakistan Tribe
Why marry strangers when you can marry your cousin?
15. Pakistani woman holding a Pakistan man’s hand: completely unacceptable.
16. Pakistani man holding a Pakistan man’s hand: perfectly acceptable.
17. People who write “[email protected] frand$hip? I wil r0x ur lif3” = Fans of Taher Shah.
Blame our education system for this shit.
18. People with more than 5 children: Pakistan Cricket Board.
We need better cricketers. Don’t be judgemental.