As we wrap up yet another eventful year for Pakistan, let’s take a look at the times when some of you went a little too cray cray about things that shouldn’t really have bothered many.
Here are the times Pakistanis went a little too far, this past year:
1. When Komal Rizvi took this selfie and a world of memes was born
Source: Komal Rizvi Via: Express Tribune
2. When Ayyan Ali did time behind bars and the media couldn’t stop talking about her
They were a jail’s bars, to be very clear.
3. When Imran Khan was a bachelor no more and Meera could not believe he didn’t pick her
Source: Miss Pakistan World
Yup, this happened.
4. When Imran Khan was a bachelor again and the world couldn’t believe it was so quick
Yeah, it was not just Pakistanis, the who whole world, was shocked at the quick blow this sad event dealt them.
Consolation: It was longer than Kim Kardashian’s 72 day marriage, at least.
5. When Saif Ali Khan, who isn’t Pakistani, did not have faith in Pakistan and Pakistanis were angry for no reason
An inconsequential actor, who has no effect on the foreign policy of any country, made a statement that was sure to get him free publicity was given so much importance that even if someone (read: me) didn’t know about his movie, they felt intrigued to see it.
Source: Deccan Chronicle
6. The whole #LoveWins controversy that pitted burgers against the bun kebabs of the nation
It was a law that was applied on land is 12, 346 Kilometers away from us. Guess some people just hate colorful rainbows.
7. When Pakistanis gave Hamza Ali Abbasi more importance than the much bigger concern of climate change
It is reported that Pakistan is going to be the worst hit in the region because of climate change. We can already see that with floods, heatwaves and whatnot and yet Hamza Ali Abbasi deserves more status updates, video views and our social media activism.
Source: Sarmad Amer
8. When “well respected” aunties went all Hunger Games over some clothes
The same ladies who feel icky letting their maids sit on the same dinner table, showed how well respected they are.
Source: Khadija Shah Via: Twitter
9. When Kit Kat launched a
talcum teclum powder in Pakistan
Axcuze me, yes we’re going to milk this as long as we can.
For the record, this isn’t an actual Kit Kat product.
10. When a pigeon from Pakistan caused massive stress to Indian authorities
Source: The Rooster
11. When Meera threw yet another tantrum
While this behavior sounds like a medical condition and someone should help the poor lady if that is the case, we hope it was just another tactic to stay relevant and it is all for our entertainment.
Source: Express Tribune
12. When some women playing a harmless game of cricket became a huge controversy and a media circus
13. When Qandeel Baloch suffered from a migraine
[fbvideo link=”https://www.facebook.com/OfficialQandeelBaloch/videos/685584671586288/” width=”500″ height=”400″ onlyvideo=”1″]
14. When this guy didn’t know how to eat a Biryani
Yup, a Pakistani (not a gora who hasn’t heard of Biryani before but a Pakistani) didn’t know how to eat Biryani. Can’t even.
15. When Ayesha Mumtaz introduced us to cleanliness
Source: Express Tribune
16. When this guy had to prioritize his friendships
Source: Asif Raza Rana
17. When students at a university celebrated “Sibtain Day“
Source: Ali Naeem Sheikh
18. When Ayesha Sana was not bright enough
Brighter the better, boys. Always remember.
19. When Nargis Fakhri caused some discomfort to “upright” Pakistanis
Source: News World India