Are you a Snapchat addict?
You never realized that one day, this app everybody was going on and on about will become such an integral part of your life. You downloaded it only because the app store kept telling you its editor’s pick, and then shortly afterwards, you were like meh, was this what got everybody crazy? But then…somewhere down the line, it hit you. It hit you hard, my friend.
Now you can’t imagine your life without Snapchat, and these are a few signs to tell if you’re a Snapchat addict:
1. You spend your free time watching yourself on Snapchat because you’re a legit addict
Sometimes you just look at your own filter-less and original face, wondering all about what your face holds, and then you try on different filters. It has become quite a normal leisure time activity for you.
2. People now know how much cheeni you add to your chai everyday
You document each and every detail of your life on Snapchat, even if its as simple as walking down the stairs
3. People around you constantly complain about your Snapchat addict wali harkatein
More than once, they have tagged you on this meme, trying to put it our there in a subtle way. But when that doesn’t work, they tell you to your face that you need to STOP lookng at your OWN face ALL the freaking time, and stop making snapchats while your phone is connected to the aux, it disturbs the entire universe and the universe can survive without knowing what song you’re jamming to in your car.
4. You are always running low on battery
Snapchat sucks all the battery out of your phone, and do you care? No you don’t. Because Snapchat deserves every drop of your battery and every drop of your blood.
5. For special days, you charge your phone ONLY for Snapchat like a true addict
The loyalty here is too damn real.
6. A part of you dies when your battery dies on you while you were documenting things on Snapchat
You don’t even care where you go from there, if it wasn’t snapchatted, it wasn’t lived. It didn’t exist. It was a fragment of everybody’s imagination.
7. The moment of betrayal when you lose a Snapchat story you thought you’ll post when there will be WiFi
Why did Snapchat decide to refresh NOW? Why Snapchat? Have I ever been anything but loyal to you? Is this how you pay me back?
You gave that story your heart and soul, each snap was picked, filtered and captioned with perfection, and it all was for what? NOTHING. You pledge to never trust Snapchat or universe again with pending snaps, you will connect your 4G and post it immediately next time. It will be worth every penny; anything is better than the pain your endured.
8. As a certified Snapchat addict you wake up to check first thing in the morning whether your favorite filter is still there or not
Dog filter: check
Filter that makes my face look pink and my nose thinner: check
The honey bee filter: WHAT? WHERE THE HELL IS MY HONEY BEE. THAT WAS MY LIFE SNAPCHAT. YOU BETTER GIVE IT BACK TO ME!
9. Its been ages since you have used your actual camera app
You don’t even want to know how you look without those filters, you don’t need that kinda negativity in your life.
10. When you don’t send 1 million snaps of your mutilated face, your friends start worrying
They are used to you singing sweet symphonies as a honey bee in a chipmunk voice, they are used to seeing 30 snaps of you sitting on your toilet seat with a large nose. When you forget to send them, your friends worry if you’re even alive
11. You don’t let anyone even LOOK at the food until you have snapchatted the soul out of it
You don’t care if your friends have been starving, waiting a few minutes more until you take the perfect beauty shot of the food won’t make them dead. Everybody needs to set their priorities right.
12. You check your own story one million times over literally like a Snapchat addict who needs their drug again and again
People wonder why your eye doesn’t appear in their snaps, little do they know, you’re too busy watching your own Snapchat story 1 million times over. No regrets.
13. You are guilty of logging in from someone else’s phone to put on snaps if your own phone is unavailable
Sometimes, what needs to be done, has to be done.
14. You don’t mind testing the limits of those filters
15. As a hardcore Snapchat addict you know that streaks can’t ever be broken. EVER.
Are you a Snapchat addict?