Racism in Pakistan is a relatively “unexplored” territory. People belonging to the supposedly upper races try and bring down those belonging to the so-called lower ones; their remarks disguised as humor and sarcasm. However, it is important to talk about the impact these racist remarks can have on somebody’s self-confidence.
Here is a list of some of the most racist things we say, here in Pakistan, that we must stop throwing around so casually because they might be really offensive to some people:
1. Urdu speaking hai, is se bach ke raho, bohat taiz hotay hain yeh.
2. Kia miraasion ki tarah har waqt gatay rehte ho?
3. Peshawar kay ho, larkian pasand hain ya larke?
4. Yar tum Punjabion ko nachne kay ilawa bhi kuch ata hai?
5. Abbay, kia Pathanon wali bat kar raha hai?
6. Rajput ho? Itni gori kese ho? Un par tou aise lagta hai kalak mal di hai kisi ne.
7. Ham Bihari hain, business community main shadi nai kar sakte.
8. Ham Syedon ko aag nai lagti. Main nahi keh raha, sab kehte hain. You must respect us.
Respect is earned, brother.
9. Itne kanjoos ho, Sheikh lagtay ho.
10. Memon hai? Phir tou laptop ko layp-top bolti hogi.
11. And the most famous Karanchi say ho? Altaf bhai ko support karte ho gay.
Be careful of what comes out of your mouth 😉
Cover image via: Six Sigma Plus