Your coworkers are who you spend most of your day with, even more than you do with your family and friends. And as time passes, they become more than just your work friends. They become part of why you love doing your job so much, because their presence is what gets you through the day and sometimes gets your through life. Your day is a little bit better and a little bit brighter with them around, even on the dark side, because that’s where you both probably live. They understand your daily struggles and are you best support system/partner in crime.
Here are the reasons why your coworker is basically your best friend:
1. They’ve seen you at your best and they’ve seen you at your worst.
2. They put in actual effort to celebrate your special days.
3. They know the intimate details of your life and your secrets.
4. They make going to work something to look forward to.
5. They’ve always got your back.
6. You share inside jokes that no one else in the office understands.
7. You hate the same people.
8. The WhatsApp group is an all-encompassing documentation of your relationship.
9.You seamlessly jump between professional and personal conversations.
With discussion on everything from your favorite new movie to peeing.
10. They defend you in your absence.
11. They can tell what’s on your mind.
12. You communicate more with your expressions than you do with words.
13. They are your bouncing board for ideas and risky new fashion statements.
14. They’re the first to know when you make an important purchase.
Like that new iPhone.
15. You are never alone as long as they are at work.
16. You are each other’s wingman/woman/person.
17. Lunch is your favorite part of two favorite things; you get to hang out together and food.
18. You make plans together and not follow them through together.
19. You never judge each other.
20. They are always your team member of choice.
21. You tag them in at least 5 funny posts a day.
22. You hang outside of office because time with them is time well spent.
23. You give it to each other straight.
24. You laugh together and whine together.
25. You spend more time with them than you do with any other person.
26. You know their routine and all their habits.
27. They understand your work problems better than anyone else.
28. Their pep talk before meetings is what makes you feel invincible.
29. You can be truly unapologetically yourself around them.
30. Their presence is what gets you through Mondays every week.
31. You feel empty if they take a day off.
32. You both speak the same language and we’re not talking about Urdu, English or Punjabi.
33. They get your humor.
34. You are each other’s source of entertainment from 9-6.
Or even much longer than that, in some cases :/
35. Even if your seats/cubicles are apart, you still manage to communicate flawlessly.
Hello from the other side…
36. You can’t survive the work day without at least one gossip session and chai/coffee/cigarette breaks.
37. Thank God for them because they make your work day fly by.
Zarra ye bhee check karein: