Sometimes foreigners ask you the dumbest questions about being Pakistani, banda poochay Google hai na.
Here are some of the most annoying questions they usually ask:
1. Do you speak Pakistanian?
2. Will you be forced to get an arranged marriage?
3. Where is Pakistan?
MAPS people…they were made for a reason.
4. So why aren’t you wearing that thing on your head?
5. Oh you’re from Pakistan… isn’t that where Malala got shot?
6. Do you only eat spicy food?
Basically yeah, lol
7. Can you please get me some Pakistani clothes?
8. Is Pakistan like India?
9. Do you ride camels to school?
10. Isn’t it super dangerous there?
11. Are you Arab?
12. Since you have servants and drivers there are you a princess?
13. How do you know English?
14. Do you know Osama bin Laden?
15. Do you sing Bollywood songs in the streets?
16. Aren’t there like bombs and kidnappings there?
17. Do you have internet in Pakistan?
No, we actually travel on our camels in search of internet, sometimes crossing over to India and finding the bounty you call “internet”.
18. Do you know Zayn Malik?
I mean…he might be my third cousin.
Has anyone asked you these questions when you go abroad?
cover image via Zaid Ali T