Elections are just around the corner and I know all of us are very excited to welcome another five years of democracy but there are people like me who can’t even vote for their favorite political party. It is very sad, no?
Guys, you really need to know my story of not being able to vote this year. You all might be surprised that why an adult like me is NOT going to vote for her favorite party. So here it is, the MOST illogical, lame and funny set of reasons given by my susraalis to make sure that I won’t vote for my choice of leader :
1. “Sasur jee kay dost kay bhai kay phuphu ka larka election main khara hai”
I don’t know why people don’t get this kay elections hain, rishtaydaari dikhanay ka mauqa nahe! Instead of forcing your relatives to vote for you, people really need to prove themselves as a deserving candidate or else someone somewhere will be ‘forcing’ their bahu to vote for you.
2. “Apki favorite party nay jin logon ko tickets diye hain woh sab corrupt hain”
I repeat political parties with corrupt people in it DO NOT deserve mine or anyone’s vote but let me decide ‘who’ is corrupt because it is MY vote.
3. “Nasha karta hai leader tumhara”
Please kindly tell me more about your ‘authentic’ source of this news.
4. “Illegal property hai tumharay leader ki”
Please do some ‘research’ before saying this.
5. “Character ka bhe nahe theek woh leader toh”
Okay but again, source kya hai?! Please stop giving me this ‘gossip auntie’ wali feeling.
6. “Itnay saalon say apni party ko vote dai rahay hain, ab tumhari party ko dain kya?”
It’s better to change for the good instead of sticking to the wrong choices, no?
7. “Log kya kahien gay”
Vote humara hai, logon ka NAHE.
8. “Lahore walay chacha jee naraz ho jayien ge.”
Why do we even need his approval for OUR vote?!
9. “Tumharay leader kay jalson main dekha hai kitni fahashi hoti hai”
This one was really CRUEL.
10. “Yeh leader khud bhe corrupt hoga”
Par aapko kaise maaloom?
11. “Khaandan ko chorr kay tumharay leader ko kaisay vote dai saktay hain?”
The answer is simple kyun kay vote aap ka hai.
Let me know if you have a similar story too and let us know about anything you want to add. Happy voting!
If You Are Between The Ages Of 18 And 27, Here Is Why You Need To Vote In This Election, Now More Than Ever
Cover image via The Morning Show/Facebook