We’ve all been there, sitting at a wedding because our parents told us we had to be there. You sit there for hours, constantly looking at the watch and wondering when this punishment will be over.
Your mind can’t help but wonder…
1. Whose wedding is this?
2. How does my family know them?
3. Is it the girl’s side or the guys side? Or is it both?
4. Why did my parents make me come here?
5. Is it time to leave yet?
6. Why are the uncles checking out aunties and bachis? Besharam.
7. Why do people I MAY have met as a child keep asking me if I remember who they are? It’s been almost 20 years bro…
8. Why do people keep staring at me? Is my zipper open? Are my clothes unironed? Seriously aunties, why…
9. I should try to smile so people can’t tell how miserable I am being here.
10. There are so many more important things I could be doing right now. Instead, I’m sitting here doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.
11. Why do people let their kids run around the whole place?
12. When are they going to serve food?
13. I hope someone does something stupid. I need some entertainment.
14. I wonder how much the couple practiced their fake smiles.
15. Why does everyone want to take a picture with the couple so bad?
16. Do these uncles next to me have nothing better to do than argue about politics?
17. It’s finally time to leave. F*CK YES.
Cover image via: mybigfatpakistaniwedding.com