The moment when your life is a mess
Everyone tries to keep it together and excel at life. But there are times when you can’t hold it all together and are unable to be your most organized self . It’s times like these when you just feel like giving it all up and just crawling into a shell for the rest of your life.
But you know what? You can’t just give it up because you need to move ahead and be a better you, from yesterday. So here are a few things that may help you when you feel like your life is a big fucking mess:
1. List all the good things in your life.
It could be anything. Friends, family, the last thing you ate, the last movie you watch; ANYTHING!
2. Go for some time out with a friend.
It’ll make you realize that you still have got so much to cherish for in life.
3. Or take a nap and start anew.
Sometimes sleeping can do wonders but once you wake up, begin again but with a fresher mind.
4. Hit the gym.
Exercise releases endorphins which are happy hormones. So yeah, they will give you a boost of energy and happiness.
5. Listen to some up beat music.
Air guitar to it and let all that energy out. You’ll feel great!
6. Watch your favorite TV show which always makes you laugh.
Reruns of Friends or How I Met Your Mother can always give you a time off.
7. Or read a book which will inspire to get back on the path of success.
8. Eat something meetha which will again release happy hormones.
A little cake or a spoon of Nutella can help as well.
9. Watch a movie that will make you realize that everything is not lost.
10. Talk to a friend who you trust.
Friends have the ability to knock some sense into you. So always try to reach out to someone you trust.
11. Take baby steps to fix the bump on the road.
When you feel that everything has crashed down, start collecting those pieces and see which ones you can start off to fix.
12. Give yourself a break and stop trying to take everything too seriously
Sometimes, just cutting yourself some slack and allowing yourself the chance for a good cry can help you clear all the fog in your head.
13. If all of this doesn’t help, talk to a therapist.
They know what to say and how to say it to fix things. So don’t hesitate and take a step.
What do you to keep it all together on days when it just seems impossible to?
Cover image via: muchfeed.com