Growing up Pakistani is not only a unique experience, it’s also a highly entertaining one. If you were born and raised in Pakistan, or have Pakistani roots, you’ll be able to relate to the following:
1. Your parents ki gaaliyan that confuse you
This is one of those times where pointing out their mistake is definitely going to make things worse. Silence is a virtue.
2. Painfully awkward moments while watching TV with the family
It’s worse if you’re the one with the remote.
3. Painful deceptions like this
It’s never what you expect.
4. Pointless necessities
5. Having very trendy parents
6. This family staple
Because who cares about developing resistance to a drug. Sab ko dedo Panadol.
7. The accuracy of this ghar ka menu card
8. Everyone’s blatant disregard for punctuality
The desi definition of being fashionably late.
9. Sitting through the inevitable lecture that your result brought
”Beta, yeh 82 kyun aya hai. Baaki ke 18 marks kahan hai?”
10. Endless family trees
You’re basically related to the whole country.
11. This foolproof anti-burglary system
12. Aamir bhai
You had to, because azaan sunni hoti thi.
13. The standard sarcastic shabash
14. This impressively worded summation of an ever-present war
15. The call for all technicians
16. Painful restrictions, followed by blatant besharmi
17. The daily stream of gaalis
Music to every Pakistani child’s ears.
18. Desi medical evaluations
19. This ironic conundrum
20. Ammis and their mood swings
21. This some-what accurate, but borderline insensitive summary