Register for the conference for free here: https://bit.ly/3HVG2PY
In Pakistan, global warming and climate change are expected to have a wide range of impacts from high loss of agricultural productivity, low access to clean water, increased coastal erosion, and high levels of pollution. GSMA – Mobile For Development Digital Utilities in collaboration with the National Incubation Center is holding a virtual conference on March 16, 2022, at 2:00 pm focusing on access to clean water and sanitation, clean cooking, and impact investing in sustainable tech.
The conference will feature a discussion in the following format:
● Access to water and sanitation
- Shayan Sohail Sarwar – CTO – Everywater
- Munawar Hussain – Program Manager – WaterAid
- Aisha Sarwari – Head of Sustainability – Coca Cola
- Rana Shakeel – Member Planning – Capital Development Authority
- Moderated by: Hira Wajahat – Climate Launchpad Lead
● Clean cooking practices
- Ibrahim Syed – EcoFire
- Ayesha Malik – Jaan Pakistan
● Sustainable and impact investing
- Ali Mukhtar – Partner – Fatima-Gobi Ventures
- Amim Shafiq – Consultant – Asian Development Bank
- Pervaiz Abbasi – Co-Founder – Team Up
- Omar Yahya – Additional Joint Director – Securities and Exchange Commission Pakistan
- Moderated by: Yamna Hasni – Development Consultant
In this live online panel discussion, the panelists will discuss:
● Can public/private utility companies use digital technology, innovation, and knowledge to improve service delivery (sanitation, clean cooking, and waste-management) for low- and middle-income city clusters?
● With mobile coverage at unprecedented levels in Pakistan and with good access to mobile phones, can digital connectivity enable effective and innovative digital solutions in utilities?
● Given the current challenges being faced in the utility space, can public-private entities craft new partnership models to innovate service delivery in the utility space?
● Given that there exists a vast digital literacy divide in Pakistan, through the use of technology, can public/private entitle improve knowledge of the best sanitation, clean cooking, and water management practices?
● Given that there is a huge investment gap in the digital utility start-up space in Pakistan, what are some of the ways to attract investment?
● Are public-private operational models effective in overcoming challenges in the digital utility space in Pakistan?
To attend the workshop, register by filling out this form: Microsoft Forms
Cover Image via gsma.com