When they said ‘music is food for the soul’ they weren’t playing around. People like you and be live and breathe to the beat of the sung word, and sometimes wordless bhi chalta hai. And if you truly are a lover of music, you’ll know how it feels.
1. You can’t do anything without music playing, your functionality is compromised
Whether it is studying, working, or even cooking food, you can’t really work without your music playing.
2. You’re the most musically inclined out of your friends
You know your Do’s from your Mi Fa’s and your Ga Ma’s from your Sa Re’s.
3. People always call you, regardless of time and place, if they can’t remember a song
I swear I can’t remember all the times I’ve gotten calls and voice notes from people humming a song and screaming SARAH YEH KONSA GAANA HAI?!?!?!
4. You’re THE best at antakshari
You’re the real MVP for whichever team you’re on, and chances are people have fought to get you on their teams. And why should they not, huh?
5. You’ve been caught singing some really inappropriate songs at some really inappropriate places
Because you legit can’t be singing lug ja galey ke phir ye haseen raat ho na ho when you’re visiting someone at the hospital.
6. You mess your throat up after every concert
Because you’re in the front row screaming your voice box out, all night, what else do you expect to happen?
7. You decide places on the basis of the kind of music they play
And you avoid certain places for the same reason..
8. You have a playlist for everything
9. You get along people better if y’all listen to similar music
Because what’s a friendship if it wasn’t founded on Nusrat?
10. You can never really answer the ‘so what kind of music are you into’ question
Especially when people refuse to take everything as an answer…even when you wholeheartedly mean it.
11. You’ve actually tried to turn your coursework into songs to try and remember it before an exam
I remember making a rap of all the dates in chronological order leading up to the Partition of Pakistan-India…got an A :’)
12. You can usually tell what song it is during the first 3 seconds of it
ARRE YEH TAU SAJJAD ALI KA GAANA HAI AAWAZ OONCHI KERO
Lekin ubhi tau sirf hawwa ki awaz aayi hai
TAU TUMHEIN NAI PATA YE USKE GAANEY SE PEHLE WALI HAWWA HAI? ARE YOU PAINDU?!?!
13. Your friends hate you because you always call dibs on the AUX cable
Because you’ll play whatever you fancy. Even if it’s Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son followed immediately by Aaj Jaaney Ki Zid Na Kero
14. They also hate you because you have to sing along to every.single.song
Every. Single. Song.
15. You’ve heard the ‘kaash in ganoun ki tarhaan kubhi parhai bhi yaad rehti mere bache ko‘ line from your parents
Aesa tau ho ga hi jub waalidein ke saamney poora Kahan Hai Tu ka rap ga daalo gey aur haath mein report card per D ho ga.
16. You secretly judge people for not knowing the lines to a song, because you’re just a bit of a music sob
Umm like duh, if you haven’t heard Sikander ka Mandir ka naya gana tau bro, do you even music?
17. All you need for a good time is your playlist, everything else falls into place itself
And preferably chai, as well. Because chai goes well with everything.
What all do you go through in your musical zindagis? Tell us in the comments ⇓⇓