The moment you step out of the LUMS bubble, there is a myriad of absurd things that you get to hear about how “spoiled” and “arrogant” you are, just because you go to LUMS.
People will try and tell you things about LUMS that you have never seen or heard of. In order to put an end to the vicious cycle of these pre-conceived notions that keep cropping up again and again, we asked a number of luminites about things they get to hear when they go out. The responses were shockingly hilarious.
Here is glimpse into some of them:
1. “LUMS kay hain, easy life hai. Career set hai. Jobs araam sey milti hai.”
I promise, 95% of us have to run around relentlessly to get a respectable job.
2. “Your dorms must be co-ed, right?”
Oh, how we wish.
3. “Zaroor boyfriend ho ga/drink karti hogi“
Also known as “LUMS mein toh sab ki aapas mein shadian ho jaati hain“.
Striving to lighten our parents’ burden since 1985. Wohoooo!
4. “You’re too shy for a LUMS girl. LUMS ki larkian toh bari aggressive hoti hain“.
What does that even mean…
5. “Kahaa tha LUMS na bhejo, dimaagh kharaab hogaya hai, hawaa lag gayi hai! Ziada he Women Rights ki champion bangayi hai, shaadi karain iski fauran“.
6. “LUMS ki ho? Tabb tou stupid liberal community ka hissa hogi tum jo hamaari pyaaaaari Army ko buraa bhala kehti hai. Taubah taubah, mulk se ghaddaari tou dekho, Baloch separatists ko support karti hai, anti-nationalist kahin ki!”
7. “LUMS walay Rs 200 extra ke liye job switch kar lete hain.“
8. “LUMS mein gari ho tou sari larkian friends ban jati hain?“
Oh, well! I reserve my right to remain silent here.
9. “Wahan ja ke log atheist ho jatey hein…Astaghfirullah“
We have a Masjid and a full-fledged LUMS Religious Society, I promise.
10. “Yaar, LUMS mein bandiyaan bhi sutte maarti hain? Bara maahol hai!”
Matlab sirf larkon ka cigarette peena justified hai?
11. “LUMS graduates ki gardan me sarriya hota hai, there’s something wrong with their attitude.”
We need jobs as much as anyone else, you know…
12. “BBA kar rahe ho LUMS se?”
I swear, we do not have BBA at LUMS.
13. “Paisay kahan kharch kardeti ho saaray, drugs tau nahi start kardein? LUMS walon ka kia pata, kuch bhi karletay hain dekha dekhi.”
14. “Kisi LUMS ki larki ka number hee dilwa do…”
Oh, the irony.
15. And the famous “Tumhey LUMS bhaij diya. Apnay aur kisi bachay ko nai bhaijna. LUMS ke ho kar reh jatay hain.”
Let us just try asking before assuming stuff on our own, shall we? 🙂
Cover Image Via: Hannan Ather