Kahlil Gibran was an artist, poet and writer of Lebanese descent who migrated to the United States with his family. Dedicating his time to study art and pursue a literary career, his claim to fame became the massively successful “The Prophet”. Still known as one of the most influential works of inspirational fiction, the amalgamation of philosophical essays bear witness to Kahlil Gibran’s literary prowess. Till date, he remains the third best-selling poet of all time.
Here’s a list of some of his words of wisdom that have truly inspired me over the years. Here’s to hoping they do the same to you:
1. When he explored the true essence of beauty.
2. How he reminded you it’s okay to be a little idiosyncratic.
3. When he made you understand our sins transcend borders.
4. How he almost instructed you to be kind.
To thyself and to others.
5. When he disclosed the perfect way to dissect truth from the many lies told.
6. How he categorized comfortable silences.
7. When he gave hope to your tender heart.
8. When he roped you in by baring all of his beautiful scars.
9. How he reminded you of the guilt that you harbored.
10. When he forced you to embrace yourself, despite all the darkness.
11. How he saw love as man’s only salvation.
12. When he forbade you to keep hurting yourself.
13. On how much love is lost by unspoken words and words spoken out of context.
14. When he gave you the secret to setting yourself free.
15. When he was certain the whole world was his oyster. And yours.
Have a glorious day and pass this on to a dear, dear friend.
Cover Image via: galo9010/YouTube