Wearing the hijab is a super personal decision about how someone chooses to practice their religion that comes with its own set of… really unique experiences and sometimes even struggles.
Here are 13 hilarious tweets that basically sum up what being a hijabi can be like:
1. When people think they can tell you what you can or cannot do
Nothing triggers me more than when someone tells me I can’t do a sport because I’m a hijabi.
Sit your ass down and let the willing do their thang
— Attainment ? (@Melladine) February 12, 2018
2. Don’t even lie, you have used the hijab as an alternate to contour at some point in your life
Perks of wearing hijab: covering your double chin :))
— inactive (@KingftBieber) June 13, 2016
3. Most important decision of the day
99% of my problems is deciding what color hijab to wear. The other 1% is everything else.
— hijabi probs (@HIjabiProbs) April 17, 2014
4. When you have to basically stop, drop, and roll when a na-mehram suddenly shows up
One time my friend's brother walked into the kitchen & I didn't have my hijab on so I hid under the table wallah
— Hanadi? (@Hanadi_128) August 20, 2015
5. True story ??
Being a hijabi is great bc you can look like a 10/10 and then take off your hijab and look like a 20/10
— H U M A I R A ? (@hijabihumaira) February 4, 2018
6. Best. Feeling. Ever.
When you take your hijab off after a long day pic.twitter.com/xKITotJDKx
— Desi Vines (@DesiVines) December 13, 2013
7. The hijabi-friendship litmus test
When a Hijabi shows you their hair, your friendship is bound for life
— Heemu (@HeemuBelal) February 12, 2018
8. When people assume that just because you dress ‘modestly’, men stop being a problem suddenly???
hijabi me non hijabi me got catcalled mcm cb eitherway men are just trash simple as dat
— Cisnan (@hannanrazaini) February 6, 2018
9. Finding alternative uses for your hijab
— MÉLISSAHAHAHA (@melissalata) October 31, 2015
Be it support for your earphones, a shield from the rain, earmuffs, the perfect cloth to wipe your glasses…
10. When a tiny bit of your hair is showing and people start with the fatwas
I hate when Muslim boys say where's your hijab. Shut up bruv where's your internet history
— Lailla (@FemaleFinesser) October 5, 2016
Having a really good hair day and then putting your hijab on… pic.twitter.com/UNyULbjnV0
— Ay (@ATTQureshi) April 11, 2016
12. Because you are sick of drawing over your hair/not-so-subtly hiding it under emojis on Snapchat
Ok but do u know how much easier my life would be if snapchat had a hijab filter
— Yumna (@YVMN4) August 7, 2016
13. Okay this may have escalated thora sa
Being a hijabi is great you can literally convince a guy you're Rapunzel trap his ass until he finds out your bald on the wedding day steal all his money kill him then leave
— World (@Dun___Dun) January 7, 2018
Did you relate to these tweets?
cover image via tumblr