Arranged marriage can be very scary because of the idea of having to potentially choose someone to live your whole life with when they’re a stranger who your family has selected for you. At the same time arranged marriage is an unescapable reality for so many thousands of desi people all around the world.
For those of you who have a choice in the matter, these tweets that we’ve curated just for you might help you rethink the whole arranged marriage process but for those of you who have no other choice, aap ka Allah hee hafiz hai.
Here are some fo the scariest, most savage tweets about arranged marriage:
1. This dude calls it the desi parents version of a surprise party and it’s scary how accurate he is
Desi parents dont usually throw surprise parties for their kids but when they do, its called an arrange marriage 💯🤣
— Depreso (@MaitMhat) January 19, 2019
2. Being desi and of “marriageable age” you know ho toh jaani hee hai
An advantage of being Desi is that if you can't find anyone.. there's always an arranged marriage waiting for you…
— Stranger © (@newnoman81) June 22, 2013
3. But what exactly does an arranged marriage entail? This person calls it like it is
Arrange marriage: a process by which a dude almost invariably scores someone way out of his league.
— O. (@buuddyy99) January 20, 2019
4. For all the kids who’re hiding their relationships from their families, this one’s for you
Bhen Kitna BHI chatting kr le , flirt kr le….
Mgr Teri Shaadi toh arranged marriage hi hogi😂
— i_man (@the_textrovert) June 15, 2018
5. And for the rest of us bekaar folks even going to college where they say you find the love of your life, doesn’t help
University Aakr aik baat Confirmed hogai k meri Shaadi Arranged hi ho gi.. 🙂
— Johny (@BinRashid7k) February 12, 2018
6. This is the scariest concept around the topic of arranged marriage
Imagine your parents arrange your marriage with you ex's best friend..
— Hareemay♡ (@urfavloss) January 21, 2019
7. And this one’s the most brutally honest
Why Arranged Marriages have Less Divorces?
Jo Apni Marzi Se Shaadi nahi Kar Paaye
Woh Divorce Kya Lenge.
— Colonel AD (@simply_mixed_up) January 22, 2019
8. Here’s another way to look at the whole process of rishta hunting
Kal shaadi me did poondi along with amma.
— etchzy (@JiMurshad) March 3, 2018
9. Desi parents don’t joke but when they do they make sure it burns
Me – mummy me to arrange marriage hi krunga .
Mummy – 👇👇👇 pic.twitter.com/Nf7WaZ4DCH
— Sasta Nashaa (@MohitGaurMG) January 22, 2019
10. Here’s the reason why arranged hee karni parti hai sab ko
She: Arrange marriage or love marriage mein kia farq h?
Me: Agar shaadi pehle or pregnancy baad main ho to arranged…. or agar pehle pregnancy or baad main shaadi ho to love.
— Jahanzaib Sahi (@jahanzaibsahi74) January 14, 2019
11. If you think you can get your crush’s attention with your meme-making skills, remember this
Tum jitna bhi memes bana kr usse impress krne ki koshish kr lo, shaadi toh tumhari arranged hi hogi
— Sushma (@surreal_sushma) January 7, 2019
12. And if you really think you’ve got a shot, here’s one way to avoid the arranged route
Twitter pa interaction kr lo
Is sa pahla ka
Ap ki arranged marriage Ho jai :p
— حمزہ محمود خان (@listenTeAmo_f) April 26, 2015
13. Arranged marriage hoti kiya hai, you ask?
Arranged marriages bhi aisi hi hoti hai.
Pehli baar sune hue naam wale pehli baar dekhe hue aadmi se pehli baar shaadi kar ke uske saath pehli baar …. Etc etc… You know the math…
— Babuji 🐋 (@TulsidasParekh) December 22, 2018
14. And if you believe in silly ideas like “love”
Me: I want to know the guy, fall in love and then marry him even if it's an arranged marriage
My parents: beta ek baar shaadi karlo, pyaar wyaar toh hota rahega
— Muskan Agarwal (@muskan1308) October 6, 2018
15. Here’s some more desi parents savagery
Arranged Marriage is parents way of saying ,"Rehne do, tumse nahi hoga. Hum hi tumhara kuch Jugaad karte hai !" :p
— Sarah K Soomro (@KhushbooSoomro) April 12, 2014
16. And this is an interesting comparison between arranged vs love
Arranged Marriage is like a Snake biting you by accident while a Love Marriage is dancing in front of a Cobra and asking "Kaat—Kaat" …. #JustSaying (I have a love marriage still going strong after 27 years) …lol
— Dewan Sachal (@essel1) January 12, 2019
17. When someone asks which one would I choose
Love marriage honi ni ha
Or arrange mainay karni ni ha https://t.co/cCDD44IdHM
— Abdullah 💭 (@Abdullah_saiz) January 22, 2019
18. And finally, the truth of the matter
I’m not a rebel but idea of arranged shaadi scares 😂
— Asim (@Mankading) March 26, 2018
11 Valuable Life Lessons I Learned From My Parents’ Failed Marriage That Actually Helped Me Grow As A Person
Cover image via: weddingmubarak.blogspot.com