Disfigured french fries drenching in oil, sweet as honey coleslaw and an equally oil laced anda shami bun characterize Pakistan’s favorite street food – the renowned anda shami burger, or as has become more common after a certain meme – anday wala burger.
Lahore in particular is famous for its street food, anda shami burger being one of its most crucial items. Here is where you can find the best anda shami burger in Lahore:
1. Bun Pluster, Krishan Nagar
Bun Pluster is famously sold near the NCA hostel but is generally very famous in that larger area of Krishan Nagar and Islampura neighborhoods.
2. Usama Burger and Shawarma, G1 Johar Town
Naam hee kafi hai.
3. Lasani Burger, Mini Market
Lasani is a life savior. Their anda shami burger costs Rs. 60 only and is super easy on your not-so-deep pocket.
4. Johny and Jugnu, DHA/Johar Town
Axcuse me, aap bhi khayein ye wala burger.
5. Karachi Burger, Defence Morr
6. Shahbaz Burger, Chandni Chowk
Shahbaz burger is an epitome of ‘jitna ghaleez, utna lazeez.’
7. Al-Naseeb Burger, Shadman
8. Zulfi Burger, Main Market
9. Mr. Burger & Shawarma, Main Market
Located within 2000 meters of Zulfi burger, Mr. burger is quite a tough competitor with its super economical yet super delicious anda shamis.
10. Munna Bhai Burger, Faisal Town
11. Patli Gali, Off MM Alam Road
Located off MM Alam road, Patli Gali’s anda shami burger costs around Rs. 200. It’s fancy and may be a little on the expensive side on the anda shami cost spectrum in the city but the desi hipster environment only adds to its scrumptious-ness. A must visit.
12. Jumbo Gyro, Near Shadewal Chowk
They have a 10/10 anda shami, a little expensive than the usual rut but totally worth it.
13. Rizwan Burger, Main Market
14. Baithak, Bedian Road
Baithak may not be your usual to-go place for an anda shami burger but it most definitely does serve one of the most delicious anda shami burgers in Lahore.
What are your favorite spots to get the anday wala burger in Lahore?
Cover image via: Johnny & Jugnu