These quotes by Irrfan Khan are going to live in eternity
The entire world is grieving at the loss of Irrfan Khan, who fought his disease valiantly till his last breath. He always believed in doing different and he definitely did. The characters he played were way too real for the pretentious cinema.
So on this day, let’s remember the legendary actor with some of the most iconic quotes by Irrfan Khan:
1. ”Life is very busy these days. There are too many people, and everyone wants what the other has.”
The quote is from Irrfan Khan’s ”The Lunchbox”, released in 2013. It was Irrfan’s highest-grossing Indian movie until it was surpassed by Hindi Medium. The movie won the Critics Week Viewers Choice Award at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.
2. ”Chaand pe baad mein chale jana pehle dharti ko toh theek se jaan lo”
The quote is from the movie ”Saheb, Biwi aur Gangster Returns”, which was released in 2013.
3. ”I suppose, in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go. But what always hurts the most, is not taking a moment to say goodbye.”
The Hollywood movie, ”Life of Pi”, was released in 2012 and won a number of Academy and Golden Globe Awards. This exact quote has been pretty much viral since the actor passed away. Who knew he would be right all along?
4.”Death aur shit, yeh do cheezein kisi ko kahin bhi, kabhi bhi aa sakti hein.”
Piku had a topic we would have never expected to watch but it turned out to be such a treat. Starring alongside Deepika Padukone and Amitabh Bachan, the movie was definitely some out-of-the-box stuff.
5. ”Aadmi jitna bara hota hai, uskey chupne ki jaghein utni hi kam hoti hein.”
Irrfan appeared as a public prosecutor in the movie ”Kasoor”, released in 2001.
6. ”Ye shehr humein jitna deta hai, badlay mein kahin ziada hum se ley leta hai.”
This quote is from the 2001 movie, ”Life in a Metro”. The movie is a lively portrayal of middle-class men and women living in the metropolitan.
7. ”Neend na mashooka ki tarah hoti hai. Waqt na do to bura maan ke chali jati hai.”
Irrfan Khan perfectly wrapped our sleep cycle up in a one-liner. The dialogue is from the movie, ”Jazbaa”, released in 2015. It starred Irrfan Khan, Aishwarya Rai and Shabana Azmi in lead roles
8. ”Baray shehro ki hawa aur chote shehron ka pani, bara khatarnaak hota hai.”
The rather eerily prophetic quote is from the 2006 movie, ”The Killer”.
9. ”Ishq ka ek problem hai… agar ek ki lagi toh doosre ki bhi lagni hai, kabhi na kabhi.”
Well, love birds definitely go down together. Irrfan’s ”Yeh Saali Zindagi” was a crime-thriller, released in 2011.
10. ”Pyaar andha hota hai aur pyaar mein parne wale us se bhi andhe.”
Ah! The plight of lovers. The quote is from the 2005 crime-thriller ”Chocolate,” starring Anil Kapoor, Sushma Reddy and Irrfan Khan in lead roles.
11. ”Pyaar mein jo ghalat hai, wo bhi sahi hai.”
This epic quote belongs to the 2014 romantic thriller, ”The Xpose”. Here Irrfan Khan had a special appearance.
12. ”Sirf insaan ghalat nahi hote, waqt bhi ghalat hosakta hai.”
The film, ”D-Day” featured Arjun Rampal, Huma Qureshi, Irrfan Khan, Shruti Haasan, and Rishi Kapoor in prominent roles. The action thriller was released in 2013.
13. ”Rishton mein bharosa aur mobile mein network na ho toh log game khelne lagte hein.”
Ugh! So on point. This quote is from Irrfan’s and Aishwarya’s ”Jazbaa”.
14. ”Doubt is useful. It keeps faith in a living thing. After all, you cannot know the strength of your faith until it has been tested.”
And we come again to the Hollywood stellar, ”Life of Pi”.
15. ”Kismat ki ek khaas baat hoti hai. Kay wo palat’ti hai.”
This is from the 2014 movie ”Gunday”, also starring Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh, and Arjun Kapoor.
16. ”Yeh headmaster, headmaster nahi hai jee; yeh businessman hai … Aur aaj kal parhai, parhai nahi hai jee, yeh dhanda hai dhanda.”
This dialogue is from Hindi Medium, which also marked the debut of our very own Saba Qamar. The movie did an outstanding box office business as it crossed the 100-crore mark. It beautifully highlighted the irony of linguistic divides deep-rooted in our society.
17. ”Aadmi ka sapna toot jaata hai na, toh aadmi khatam ho jaata hai”
A sequel to Hindi Medium, ”Angrezi Medium” was released in 2020 starring Kareena Kapoor Khan and Radhika Madan. The movie was funny and emotional and a fantastic watch, overall. Unfortunately, this movie turned out to be the last one for Irrfan.
I definitely need some tissues right now. We will miss Irrfan Khan and the characters he created. His demise has left every fan heartbroken.
Which of these quotes by Irrfan Khan is your favorite?
Cover image via seelatest.com