Multan things that only a true Multani knows about
Different cities in Pakistan are the cultural hubs which characterize the people as unique individuals with distinct norms and values. People usually discuss the food culture of Lahore, the giant samandar of Karachi but they often miss highlighting the delicious sohan halwa and the sanctity of the mazaars in Multan.
So, here’s a bunch of things only a true Multani knows so if you’re planning your visit to Multan then these are the must-visit sites in the city:
1. Definitely start by making a trip to Gulgasht Avenue because it’s the Multani version of MM Alam road of Lahore or Tariq road of Karachi
2. Got some duas? You have to visit this darbar of Hazrat Shah Rukn-E-Alam
It’s situated near Hussain Agahi bazaar.
3. You wouldn’t want to miss the sanctity and peace in the atmosphere just outside the darbar
4. They even have their own version of Multani Ghanta Ghar
Multani Ghanta Ghar is the landmark of the city and it’s near the darbar.
5. ‘Lohari gate’ is famous for the most comfortable traditional footwear known as Multani khusay
They have an exclusive collection for Men too.
6. ‘Kotla Polay Khan’ serves the best Multani Tawa chicken and this will literally be a treat for your taste buds
The marinated chicken is cooked on a tawa…
…and then it is grilled for a smoky flavor
7. ‘Swat chapli kebab and barbeque’ in nawa shehr serves the most appetizing variety of Multani barbecue items
8. ‘Babar Pulao Shop’ serves a Multani pulao with a unique recipe and it’s a must try for all
Plain brown rice with a portion of boiled chicken and channa curry is the perfect combination for all the rice lovers.
9. After you’ve stuffed yourself with food but still looking for a traditional nashta spot? Visit ‘Qamar nihari’ in Saddar
They serve a mouthwatering variety of haleem, paye and maghaz.
10. You wouldn’t want to miss the Multani gol gappay by ‘Baba gol gappay’ located next to Radio Pakistan
This is how a perfect gol gappay plate looks like
11. Multani ‘Hafiz sohan halwa‘ is the ‘official’ dessert of the city
12. After you’ve tasted all the food Multan has to offer, wash it all down with Bali ki chai
‘Bali Chai Wala’ serves the most karak chai in town, make sure you try it. The tea stall serves almost every kind of chai so get hold of your favorite flavor of chai. The tea stall is near the radio station Pakistan.
13. ‘Sadar Bazar’ of Multan is the modified version of Anarkali
You will find colorful bangles here…
…and the most beautiful pieces of jewelry too
Guys, on your next visit to Multan, make sure that you don’t forget to visit these places and Multanis, Let us know if you want to add a few more places to the list.
Cover image via: theoutlook.com.ua