It is said that daughters are reflection of their mothers. Though you might disagree with your mothers at various points in your life – you may even pick a fight or two – there comes a time when unconsciously you start picking up some peculiar habits of your mother which you only realize that you’ve adopted them when they’ve become part of your daily life.
Apart from developing an affectionate, maternal instinct, here are some instances which are typical mom moments and you may have adopted them:
1. When you start saving plastic bags from your shopping trips to recycle
Now you know why your mother has a plastic bag containing even more plastic bags stashed in her almari.
2. When your recycling instinct attacks takeout food and ice-cream containers
They come in handy, you know.
3. When you start texting your younger siblings to return home before the sun goes down
“Jaldee wapis ao or else I’ll tell Amma”
4. When you start asking people to place everything they took back at the exact same place
“Maine thaika nahi liya hua botalein bharnay ka!”
5. When your turn your first cookie container into a needle box
It used to be annoying before but now you know you’ve unlocked some kind of achievement.
6. When you’re actually happy to see salan in the ice-cream container in your freezer
Ye bhi dhoka hai but you know it is SO MUCH handy. Also, ice-cream container makes a great lunch box.
7. When you think twice before staying out late with friends because it’ll disturb your sleep cycle
Or else you won’t be able to function early in the morning. Also, sleep > everything.
8. When you start agreeing with your mother on issues that you would always pick a fight on, before
Yes mom, you were right. Late night pizza is not good for my health.
9. When you’re more worried about speed limit while driving with your friends than about getting to the concert in time
Hasbi Allah is your go to word on the road.
10. When gossiping about chachu and phupho kay bachay becomes your favorite “fun” activity
You know phupho’s Fatema is always up to something and it’s always entertaining to talk about.
11. When you start reminding your friends to call you the minute they reach home
There’s no harm in being over protective for your friends.
12. When you worry about little things such as keeping your friends group together and not losing someone during a shopping trip
It annoys your friends but you know kay zamanah kharab hai.
13. When you actually plan and look forward to doing laundry over the weekend
While reading this, you’ve mentally planned out all of your weekend chores.
14. When you clean up the mess you made for your midnight snack in the kitchen before going to sleep
You know you cannot tolerate the sight of an untidy kitchen early in the morning.
15. When you start complaining about your safai wali baji
Aj wo phir nahi ayi. Lemme call her.
16. When something breaks in your house and you react like this:
17. When you go to a restaurant and say, “mein tou ye ghar main ziada acha bana leti.“
Your friends have asked you not to say something like this while eating out but what can you when you’re so much sughar.
18.When you start saying ‘haye mein sadqay jaon’ to every other cute thing
19. When you given your first ever death stare and actually scare someone into silence
It took you some time to get it right but since you mastered it, you know how much helpful it has been in your life.
Do you have any moments which made you realize that you’re turning into your mother? Tell us in the comments section.
Cover image via @zindagigulzarhai_ / Twitter