The Pakistani Cricket team has just won the third One Day International against Sri Lanka. This brings the series total in Pakistan’s favor with 3-0 and two more matches to go.
People were really excited about the spectacular debut of Imam-ul-haq during the match, last night
Imam scored a century, exactly and went on to win the “Man of the Match” trophy. Imam also became the third youngest male player to score a century during their debut match.
— Hamza Ali Abbasi (@iamhamzaabbasi) October 18, 2017
Many fans are particularly happy that Imam came in as a replacement for Ahmed Shehzad
Last time Ahmad Shahzad was dropped, we found Fakhar Zaman. This time we found Imam. His comebacks & getting dropped are good luck charms.
— Kalim Khan (@Kallerz37) October 18, 2017
Many fans already have a dislike for Ahmed Shehzad and his “entertaining” antics so they were rather happy to see him not play. And when Imam-ul-haq gave such a surprising debut performance, they couldn’t have been more elated.
And these people have got some serious jokes about the replacement:
1. Like this firangi comedian who made an Imam joke
— Dennis Does Pakistan (@DennisCricket_) October 18, 2017
2. And this one who can’t help but speculate what Ahmed Shehzad is really thinking behind that smile
Ahmed Shehzad's heart be like:
"Ye tw mera patta he kaaat gya" pic.twitter.com/g0bNcf2rNR
— Sadia A. (@DrSadiaA) October 18, 2017
3. This one thinks that Ahmed Shehzad replacements have become a lucky charm for Team Pakistan
Whoever replaced Ahmed Shehzad turned fortunes for Pakistan.. Fakhar Zaman and now Imam Ul Haq..
— Muhammad Umair Tariq (@UmairTariq90) October 18, 2017
4. This guy can’t help but bring up THAT dramatic incident with Ahmed Shehzad
Just for fun: Ahmed Shehzad right now after seeing Imam's inning! pic.twitter.com/egB6I63GyR
— Usman Ahmad (@usmanahmadjutt1) October 18, 2017
5. Some even went a little too far, declaring the end of Ahmed’s cricketing career
And there it is. The end of Ahmed Shehzad career. I welcome you here with me with open arm my brother. #PAKvSL
— Big Nas (@NasirJamshed_) October 18, 2017
6. And this one has a hilarious Pakistani Cricket collage to explain the whole situation
Century on debut. Well Played Imam ul Haq. pic.twitter.com/fbQOQPtABJ
— SIR .. (@SirJohnRoe) October 18, 2017
7. There were jokes about crushes getting married
Ahmed shehzad clapping on imam century like when ur crush gets married & you're hurt deep inside but still singing
Tujhko Sukhi Sansar Mile
— Waleed Nasir (@waleednasir00) October 18, 2017
8. And famous memes being recycled
— Bilal Sohail (@noobodyaskedu) October 18, 2017
9. Even some movie references were thrown in for good measure
— Observer? (@SkyIsNeela_) October 18, 2017
10. This guy has asked PCB to appoint Ahmed Shehzad as a talent scout for giving good players every time he has to be benched
For his services in giving Pakistan the openers like Fakhar and Imam, Ahmed Shehzad shud be appointed as talent scout of PCB#PakvSl
— Kamran Muzaff3r (@Krick3r) October 18, 2017
11. This one thinks Imam’s debut means a goodbye to Ahmed’s opener slot… that is if he gets to stay in the team
Ahmed Shehzad to opening position after looking at Imam's batting.. pic.twitter.com/hRiHrTMXti
— PSL Memes (@PSLMemesWalay) October 18, 2017
12. Ouch! This one got a little too intense
Ahmed Shehzad k career ka janaza parhane agaya hai Imam.
— Mojo Jojo (@Mojo17Jojo) October 18, 2017
13. But this guy thinks Ahmed has a heart of gold and doesn’t harbor any ill will about Imam
Ahmed Shehzad is the perfect example of "Dusro ki khushiyon mein khush honay wala" pic.twitter.com/2vzDYiAu9F
— Main Abdul Majid Hun (@ComicsByMajid) October 18, 2017
What do you think about Imam-ul-haq’s performance as Ahmed Shehzad’s replacement?