Parents are always overprotective of their kids, especially when their kids are off to college/university and will no longer be living at home.
1. Don’t get married. We’ll take care of that for you.
2. Don’t get a boyfriend/girlfriend.
3. Call us. Every day. Every single day. Don’t you love us?
4. Call your extended family. Don’t be selfish. It only takes a few minutes (per member).
5. Don’t forget namaz. Stay out of Shaytaan’s influence.
6. Don’t drink and party. We are paying for your education, not haram activities.
7. Remember where you come from.
8. Focus on your studies and nothing else. Becoming a doctor or engineer isn’t easy.
9. Don’t waste money. Haram ka paisa naheen hai.
10. Don’t bring shame on our family.
but most importantly
11. Nothing’s more important than family.
At the end of the day, our parents want what’s best for us and their love has no limits.