Twitter was on fire today, as it should’ve been. The Pakistan vs India final proved to a nail-biting, teeth-grinding experience for people on both sides of the border. In fact, people are still celebrating Pakistan’s glorious victory. Therefore, here is a complete round-up of everything that went down during the exhilarating Pakistan vs India final:
1. Everyone’s hearts collectively stopped when they assumed Fakhar Zaman during the first few minutes into the Pakistan vs India final
This one made us all go crazy, but baal baal bach gaye.
— Salman Sami (@SlmnSm) June 18, 2017
2. Eventually, a new term was coined for this brilliant man
He just Fakhar'd up#CT17
— Dennis Tharki (@DennisCricket_) June 18, 2017
3. Fakhar reminded people of some other legends
Fakhar Zaman is sensible version of Shahid Afridi !
— Javeria Yasin (@JaveriaYasin) June 18, 2017
4. Even the Indians were fakh-ed up!
if pakistan wins, and fakhar plays well, both captains will applaud him, but in different ways
"That Fakhar played well" 😀 #IndVsPak
— Nitin Kumar (@nitinkr19) June 18, 2017
5. Indian players ke expressions were absolute GOLD
6. Everyone was pumped up and super excited
You know you're in Wembley when you can hear the live cricket commentary on the roads #INDvPAK
— Shreeya Patel (@shreeya__x) June 18, 2017
7. Kafi mubarak sabit hua ye mahina
Match karo ji
India se ab
Jeet ke raho ji
— Moochar (@AsliBinLaden) June 18, 2017
8. Jo baat hai
#INDvPAK I know this is the match jis ki aglay 10 saal main highlights dekhon ga 😂😂
— Haris Hashmi (@harishashmi22) June 18, 2017
9. Somewhere, amongst all the tension, aman ki asha was still alive
— Mohammad Ali (@HashimGardezi1) June 18, 2017
10. People were banking on wides
— Mahrukh Talat (@MahRukhTK) June 18, 2017
11. There was a whole lot of trolling
— Fahim Farooq (@fahim_parekh) June 18, 2017
12. And Rishi Kapoor seemed to be on the receiving end of most of it
— Mahrukh Talat (@MahRukhTK) June 18, 2017
13. Fakhar and Azhar were a sight to behold
— 🐐 (@ParkashSays) June 18, 2017
14. Pakistan ko Fakhar pe kaafi fakhar tha
This will never get old.
— 🇵🇰 (@waizaahmad) June 18, 2017
15. But Azhar was not forgotten either
— Nazu (@nazuksuratehaal) June 18, 2017
16. Josh har taraf tha
Kiya mahool bana diya hai hum nay, pic.twitter.com/FU9xiuWSo0
— Broken News (@NewsParodyPk) June 18, 2017
17. There came a point jab Azhar Ali out hogaya, but was appreciated just the same
— Tanzeela Mazhar (@TenzilaMazhar) June 18, 2017
18. Fakhar Zaman’s chakkay made us go ballay ballay
Yeah, there’s a lot of Fakhar Zaman in here, but man was brilliant today.
Fakhar zaman the beauty!!! 6!!!(y), #PAKvIND
— maham aslam (@momoaslam) June 18, 2017
19. India ko troll karna kaafi essential ban gaya tha
— #IKforever (@ImranismJunooni) June 18, 2017
20. When it was our turn to bowl, Shadab was on fire!
Can't get over how Shadab MADE sarfraz take the review. Absolutely forced him. What confidence. Kid is gonna be a superstar. Fking love him.
— Mutazalzaluzzaman (@M_Tarar) June 18, 2017
21. He was channeling his inner warrior
— Reza 2.0 (@reallyevilspawn) June 18, 2017
22. India ki taraf se sannatta chaa gya tha
— M. Jibran Nasir (@MJibranNasir) June 18, 2017
23. Even goras were supporting us!
— Ihtisham ul Haq (@iihtishamm) June 18, 2017
24. Some hard love for Hardik was also poured out.
For the love of cricket and all that is pure, don't let someone named Hardik Pandya score a century now.
— Shumail (@Shumyl) June 18, 2017
25. There were way too many Hardik puns
Jadeja was running with a Hardik. Run-out was imminent. #CT17
— Omair (@omairraslam) June 18, 2017
26. Lolol India. Khair hai.
— Narendra Modi (@OfficialModii) June 18, 2017
27. Rishi, hum aap ko aisay nahi bhoolain ge
Rishi kapoor (then) : we will BLUE you away.
Rishi kapoor (now) : hum pay ye kis nay HARA rang daala 😃
— Lethal😉 (@spparow_222) June 18, 2017
28. There was a point when wickets started to fall – JUST. LIKE. THIS.
— KP Sinha (@kpsinhaa) June 18, 2017
29. Indians were not having it.
— The-Lying-Lama (@KyaUkhaadLega) June 18, 2017
AND THEN, FINALLY, WE WON THE MATCH!
30. Ranveer Singh congratulated the team
Congrats Pak-played a helluva final👏🏾Some brilliant teams hav lost finals recently..Juve,Cavs & now Team India-funky sorta season.. #INDvPAK
— Ranveer Singh (@RanveerOfficial) June 18, 2017
31. Many Indians took to Twitter to congratulate Pakistan on their win
Congratulations Pakistan cricket. Well played Fakhar, Amir, Hafeez & Hardik Pandya
Was just a bad day 4 us, we'll come back harder. #INDvPAK
— Manish Shaarma (@Manishshaarma) June 18, 2017
32. Rishi jee was not forgotten
— Maz Bonafide (@MazBONAFIDE) June 18, 2017
33. Everyone was over the moon
— Inzamam ul Haq (@InziTheLegend) June 18, 2017
34. Eid hi ho gayi, basically
Apparently, Eid came a few days early for Pakis. #INDvPAK
— Eman (@EmanAbdulKhaliq) June 18, 2017
All in all, it was a final worth watching. Pakistan saw their mauka and went big. Eid mubarak – I mean – jeet mubarak, Pakistan!
Cover Image: Hindustan Times