Have you ever felt that you can’t seem to get along with either side: the conservatives as well as the liberals? It’s hard when you have been brought up in a conservative surrounding but were exposed to liberal ideas while growing up because you turn into a weird mixture that just cannot fit in on either of the two extremes.
Here are some things that you can definitely relate to:
1. You pray more than Eid to Eid, but you aren’t yet able to pray 5 times a day
Like, it’s hard to wake up for Fajr after pulling an all nighter, but Friday prayers are a must.
2. Deep necks, nangi taangein and spaghetti straps are too revealing for you.
3. But at the same time hijab and abaya are way too conservative
After all, you wanna show that sexy haircut, don’t you?
4. Pork is a big no. Pig is ewww.
5. But tasting a little bit sharaab, or doing a line of coke that one day when you were abroad doesn’t count.
You were just curious.
6. You have good friends from the opposite gender and you don’t feel uncomfortable around them
7. But you wouldn’t greet them with a kiss on the cheek or give them a warm tight hug
8. You don’t mind having a girlfriend or a boyfriend
9. Holding hands and even kissing is kinda cool
10. But sex is a bit overboard. Sex before marriage is not something you will be comfortable with
11. Going on overnight trips alone with your bae is a BIG NO
Like that’s not even a possibility you are willing to consider – what will you tell your parents? What will you tell the society? Heck Allah will never forgive you!
12. Hell you can’t even go to their place for even one night
13. You kinda casually believe in stuff like nazar lag jana and jinn etc but you wouldn’t let it affect your decisions
14. You kinda fast in Ramadan, but might spend most part of the day watching movies or sleeping instead of praying.
But itni garmi mein sab maaf hai.
15. You secretly watch porn, but can’t talk about it openly ever.
Log judge kareinge!
16. You advocate openness but can’t talk about sex with your own parents
17. But you know you are fine the way you are. You know any of the two extremes don’t suit you. 😀
Stay your moderate self. Maybe just be a little less judgmental toward non-moderates. Baaqi sab theek hai.
Cover image via: A-Plus Entertainment