Momina Mustehsan just sang her way into every Pakistani guy’s heart last night. You may or may not have been blown away by her vocal talents (she only had a small part, so can’t judge her too harshly, right?), she sure has made a mark on the Pakistani audience and we can only see her growing into an amazing singing talent.
Here’s something you sure as heck didn’t know about this beauty with a nightingale(in-training) in her throat:
1. Momina Mustehsan is an engineer and a mathematician by profession.
“Music is a passion for me and not a profession”, she is quoted as saying.
Currently enrolled in Industrial engineering, Momina previously holds a degree in biochemical engineering and applied mathematics.
2. She grew up casually singing in front of an audience.
Went to high school with Momina and we used to light up every time she sang chanda suraj lakhon taare at every school event/assembly.
— Maham (@mahamnasirr) August 19, 2016
3. Other than singing, she can play the violin, keyboard and a guitar.
And was also a part of a musical choir at her college in New York.
4. Momina has been covering songs for quite a while now.
Posting various covers on her personal soundcloud channel and instagram account.
5. She has been featured on Nescafe Basement in 2014.
“Pi Jaun was made by a dear friend, Saad Sultan, over a Skype session. I added a bridge melody and wrote some lines for the song. Farhan came on board later on.”
6. Momina Mustehsan has already made her Bollywood debut in “Ek Villian“
Her song Awaari along with Soch The Band made airwaves and was incredibly well-received across the border.
“It was an extremely casual process and I never met anyone in person. I recorded the song on my own in New York.”
7. Momina secretly has a crush on Justin Bieber.
Sorry, Selena Gomez fans.
8. Many people think she has a striking resemblance to Nina Dobrev…
…Of the Vampire Diaries fame.
We’re definitely seeing it. Are you?
9. Momina is a wanderluster and loves to travel.
10. She doesn’t like the idea of being a celebrity.
“I like taking somewhat of a backseat when it comes to professional music also because our society is such.”
11. And for what it’s worth, Momina is a cat person.
Which is all you needed to know, really.
Cover Image via: Momina Mustehsan