Every Pakistani is familiar with the high standards of service (or lack thereof) provided by our infamous national carrier, Pakistan International Airlines. Whether we were personally victimized by the not-so-great people to fly with or not, PIA has had its fair share of embarrassing moments.
Here’s a list of the times PIA let you down:
1. High standards of safety.
— Image Pakistan (@ImageOfPakistan) January 10, 2016
2. Triggering existentialism.
That awkward moment when PIA issues boarding passes with seat numbers that don't exist on the plane. #onlyinpakistan
— Kya Bakwaas (@kyabukwaas) August 18, 2015
3. A rather sticky situation.
— MademoiselleSmirnoff (@LifeofSigh) May 28, 2013
4. When the captain’s problem solving skills were too damn high.
In a PIA flight, the captain lets two passengers sit in the toilet for lack of space in the plane. #OnlyinPakistan I love my Pakistan :)))
— Marvi Sirmed (@marvisirmed) February 14, 2012
Source: Akram Ali
— Syed Azhar Ali (@AzharAli_90) April 27, 2015
7. Gastronomical pleasure, no less. *Pukes*
8. Time travelling skills are strong with this one.
— ːGraceːWalkː (@siwelylla) December 30, 2015
9. Some very enterprising men.
— Imran Khan (@imikhan1) December 29, 2015
10. This episode of ordinary citizens taking matters into their own hands.
11. This poor man who couldn’t rest his arm next to a ‘namehram’.
12. When there was a feline emergency.
13. When delays caused tempers to rise
14. When they ran a flight without turning on the air conditioning
“Airline, darwaza khol ke uraani hai kiya?”
15. But let’s just agree that Jemima won the internet by gracefully trolling PIA.
— Jemima Goldsmith (@Jemima_Khan) January 5, 2016