Editor’s Note: The views expressed here are those of the author’s and don’t necessarily represent or reflect the views of MangoBaaz.
By: Sameen Shahid
1. Just one more YouTube video
Every time you type www.youtube.com on your browsers and think to yourselves that you’ll watch just one video and then get back to work. That never happens. It’s a trap, guys. It’s a trap!
2. Bas kal se parhai start
LOL! Biggest lie all students love telling themselves to feel a little less guilty of wasting time.
3. I’ll go through the course books in the holidays so that I can live peacefully during the semester
But come semester time, you’d rather be scrambling hard to save your ass than be ready and done with during the holidays.
4. I can quit smoking anytime I want
Hello smoker buddies, you’re not the only one. You know you won’t do it. Unless you really, really put your heart into it.
Btw, it is BAD for you. Stop it, already.
5. I’ll wake up early … oops, too late for today, chalo kal se pakka!
Next time you say it, listen closely, even your brain laughs at this one.
6. I’ll clean my room today… umm.. tomorrow, actually
This is for a tomorrow that exists only in your thoughts and never actually comes.
7. I’m going to keep all my New Year’s resolutions this year
New Year’s is a time you all make big promises to yourselves but as soon as the clock strikes 12, BAM! The magic is lost and you’ll do it next year… probably.
8. I’ll eat healthy *eats a bag of fries*
Expectations: morning walks, gym and diet
Reality: gets tired watching exercise videos on YouTube.
9. I’ll spend less time on social media
This is becoming harder day by day, there is so much to see on social media from Taher Shah’s Angel to the pleasure we get by reading people hating on and on, about Momina Mustehsan and Fawad Khan 😛
10. I’ll sleep on time
No matter how many times you say it, when it comes to actually doing it, it will never happen. Whatsapp and Bae, or rather Game of Thrones and Chai keep you up.
11. I’ll eat more vegetables after I finish this 3rd ice cream cone
A healthy lifestyle is something everyone aspires to but few can actually be disciplined enough to really do it.
What are some of the things you lie to yourself about?
About the Author: Sameen believes in the magic that humans can do through writing.