As a Pashtun you tend to fall victim to many a Pathan jokes and accent mockery. Some may call you dumb, while others may taunt you for your short temper. Despite all of this, everyone knows if they ever mess with a Pashtun, they’re not getting away without a single scratch on their person.
These are some of the most relatable things, only if you’ve grown up as a Pashtun:
1. This “suniye jee” of your parents
2. This endearing way of referring to your friend Zafari or Waqasa
3. This scolding from your Pashtun mom
4. This important Hujra session ending statement
5. Taking stereotypes and owning them
6. And sometimes, giving into some stereotypes
7. This Pashtun slang is what you never get rid of
Sometimes even accidentally sneaking it into other languages that you may speak.
8. Being at this center of this tribal “war”
9. Or doing this
10. Sometimes even showing the world how Pashtun you really are
11. Having this for entertainment
12. Having the benefits of a “code language”
13. Seeing everyone wanting to associate themselves with you
14. This intense struggle
15. And having these phone conversations
16. How about this?
17. And this daant
18. But most importantly, this struggle
That was finally rectified this year.
Do you have a story from your Pashtun childhood?
Zarra ye bhee check karein:
Screenshots courtesy: Okhanday Kana Spayroo
Cover Image via: Wikimedia