*If you haven’t seen the Game of Thrones finale, don’t scroll further because S P O I L E R S*
The hit show, ‘Game of Thrones’ ended last night. Fans around the world have mixed feelings about the finale and how things ended for their favorite characters. Daenerys’ fate ended at the hands of her lover, Jon Snow. This sets into motion a series of events that makes Bran Stark the King of the six Kingdoms, Winterfell becomes an independent Kingdom with Sansa Stark as its Queen. Tyrion is made the Hand of the King and Jon Snow is sent back to Castle Black as punishment for killing Dany.
Fans of the show were not happy with how things went down.
— meg (@whatmegsaid) May 20, 2019
So what's the point of bringing Jon back from the dead 🤷♂️.He didn't kill the Night King like we all expected him to nor did he become King of Westeros. He deserved a better ending 😑.#GameOfThrones pic.twitter.com/rhWINyzWYX
— evody-jr (@EvodyJr) May 20, 2019
It was generally pretty ‘meh’.
— Jamie Cakes (@jenties87) May 20, 2019
Seemed more like the show has been ruined.
— فلآولة 🍓 (@FatimaAlshamly) May 21, 2019
The only thing people were happy about was true love reconnecting.
Game Of Thrones ending was perfect. Finally Jon can be with his true love: pic.twitter.com/ku2r7Pc3RX
— The Grey (@Bradford_McD) May 20, 2019
In all that disappointment, fans of the show have taken to social media to share their alternate endings.
Some of the most accurate predictions and analysis on Reddit have come from a user who claims to have been part of the show’s production. They had a prediction as to what would happen to Tyrion.
The meat of this prediction is from Tyrion’s trial at Dragonspit.
According to this user, Bran would recall a scene from the first scene of the show, where Tyrion tells Catelyn Stark ‘I never bet against my family.’ This would begin Tyrion’s rant about the people of King’s Landing and how they deserved what happened to them because they turned against him after he protected them from Stannis Baratheon. The council sentences him to death.
This Reddit user posted loads of time, with accuracy, about the finale, however at that time, many others did not believe predictions. He added two endings for the show, the one mentioned above, and the actual ending that happened on the show yesterday.
A Twitter user posted online an entire alternate storyline for Season 8 and it is actually quite interesting to read.
This is actually one of the few good re-writings of the final season and
Here are some of the highlights:
1. Jon Snow ends up killing the Night King, instead of Arya.
2. Daenerys and Jon take on King’s Landing together, however, instead of burning down the city, Daenerys runs towards the Red Keep to kill Cersei. Cersei takes this opportunity to kill Daenerys. The fighting intensifies and it seems like Cersei is losing. In a last-ditch effort, Cersei grabs Daenerys and slits her throat. As Dany dies, she makes Jon promise that he will take the throne. After Dany dies, Drogon begins to breathe fire, resulting in a total surrender by Cersei’s forces.
3. As Dany dies, Jaime grabs Cersei and strangles her to death.
4. The last episode then becomes about resolution. Seeing fighting up close, Arya chooses to take up Gendry on his offer, because she wants to focus more on living, rather than fighting. Tyrion remains the hand, Brienne is made the Commander of the Kingsguard and Jaime is tasked with the reconstruction of Casterly Rock.
5. After all this, Jon climbs on Drogon with Dany’s body to give her a proper burial at Drangonstone. As they’re about to leave, Jon sees Drogon at a cave, and inside he sees 3 dragon eggs.
6. The end scene would be Jon flying over Kings Landing, happy to see peace prevail finally.
You can read the entire version of this storyline here:
— Tyler Competente (@Competente13) May 21, 2019
What do you think of the ending and these alternate endings for the show?
Let us know in the comments 🙂
Cover Photo Courtesy: HBO