Internet is a nice place where people get to interact and voice their opinion openly *well, not openly sometimes*. But there is always certain someone in your friend list whose posts and shares nag you the moment you see them on your news feed.
Here are some subtle signs which will help you identify that certain someone so that you can remove them and cleanse your news feed:
1. When they won’t stop sharing stuff that is shady AF
‘yahan click karain’ won’t give you the whole, proper news, people.
2. When there’s only fake news on their timeline
Fake news can harm anyone without you knowing it. So please be careful guys.
3. When they won’t stop sharing stupid quizzes like the ones that reveal the true meaning of your name
Or their spirit animal, or what they will be in alternate universe. Honey, it’ll not change your personality. It’ll still remain the same.
4. When they’re being intolerant about something sensitive to many others
Issues like rape, child abuse, sexual harassment need to be addressed with an open mind and heart.
5. When you realize that their comments make no sense, ever
You cannot state ‘facts’ just because you ‘heard’ them somewhere.
6. And when you try to make them understand, they won’t hear you out
And start commenting in caps lock and make you feel like they’re yelling into your brain.
7. When they won’t stop sharing desi totkay without Zubaida aapa’s approval
C’mon man, haldi doesn’t heal everything.
8. When their jokes start to include cancer and AIDS, all the diseases that aren’t funny
These are real diseases and millions of people suffer from them. Please be careful about it.
9. When all they do is upload their selfies all day with irritating captions like #poserme #loveme
It’s true that you should love yourself but c’mon, keep it to yourself.
10. When they ‘like’ their own post
Itna self obsession sehat k liye acha nahi hota!
11. When their political views start getting on your nerves
Yes, you should have political opinions but they should make sense as well. Only blindly following your favorite political party won’t prove your point anywhere.
12. When all they do is support a political party incessantly and bash another one
The comment war on their posts can fuck up anyone’s mind and you get to realize how much stupid people can be.
13. When their “inspirational quotes” are not inspirational anymore
14. When they keep on adding you in random groups where no one is making any sense
You keep on leaving such groups and they keep on adding you even when you ask them to stop.
15. When they think that every other thing is haram on the internet
“Ludo star is haram!” What even?!?
Tag someone who you’d like to remove from your friend list. Or don’t. Your call. LOL.
Cover image via: Walt Disney Pictures / UTV Motion Pictures / Anil Kapoor Films Company