While we have a lot of fun working in a creative environment, it does tend to get a little too loud when you’re looking to focus on a project but your colleagues are either in some masti mood or brainstorming, or just being their incredibly loud selves.
If you are one of those unfortunate people who have had to tolerate and work with exceptionally loud colleagues, here are a few things you’ll be able to relate to:
1. Make sure to pack your headphones and similar accessories before getting ready for the office
Yes, even a chaadar on your face will give them a sign that you’re looking for some peace and calm.
2. And also bring back ups, like earbuds, so you don’t have to spend the day shouting at them and making more noise
3. If you forget to bring your headphones, stuff tissue papers in your ears to block all that noise
4. Or give them weird looks so they get the hint
Or you know, you can just ask them to shut the f**k up for a little while until you’re working.
5. If you’re in a good mood to waste your time, just laugh and brush the entire matter under the carpet
6. You can always tell your boss that the “office is too loud” and that you want to work from home
That excuse works only if you’re actually doing the work on time, btw.
7. Find multiple ‘quiet spots’ at the office that you don’t tell ANYONE else about
8. You HAVE to get up and leave the office for 15 to 20 minutes, to stop yourself from feeling all worked out because of your noisy neighbors
9. Maybe find an empty conference room to work in, with all the calm
10.Request them very nicely that you want them to just zip their lid for some time
11. You can work from the coffee shop down the street, if that’s quieter
12. You are always praying for them to take a day off and just work from home so you can work in peace
13. But at the end of the day, they are the only ones who keep the entire office thoroughly entertained
Do you have a noisy colleague in your office? How do you cope with their noise?
Cover Image Via: Mangobaaz