What do Ahmadis do every single day?
Our deafening apathy when it comes to the brutality inflicted on the Ahmaddiya community is no new news. That’s something that has been going on for almost a 100 years. This time around, however, we try to look into the lives of the Ahmadi community themselves to gauge what it is that makes them so different and ‘un-worthy’ as compared to us – the worthy beings – that the violence against them just never seems to stop.
Here are some of the things that make them different from us:
1. Ahmadis wake up in the morning
2. If they’re lazy like most of us, they’ll probably just stay in bed
3. Ahmadis eat; have breakfast, lunch and dinner etc.
4. Some of them might like to have brunch or supper too
5. Ahmadis also go about their business everyday
6. But if they are free, they go out and have fun
Go to restaurants, parks and stuff you know.
7. Ahmadis talk to each other, gossip maybe sometimes
8. Ahmadis also get bored
9. They laugh, make jokes and experience emotions like anger, happiness, sadness etc.
10. Ahmadis dream, both literally and figuratively
11. If you compliment them, Ahmadis probably blush too
12. They shave/wax and shower too
13. Lastly, they spend most of their day on social media
Just like you are doing, right now
If it wasn’t clear until now, let me state very clearly that disputes on what they believe aside, they are humans just as much as you are. No one should be mistreated for what they believe.
Basically my point being, they’re human beings and should be treated the same way. Thank you so much!
Cover Image Via: MangoBaaz