Our deafening apathy when it comes to the brutality inflicted on the Ahmaddiya community is no new news. That’s something that has been going on for almost a 100 years. This time around, however, we try to look into the lives of the Ahmadis themselves to gauge what it is that makes them so different and ‘un-worthy’ as compared to us – the worthy beings – that the violence against them just never seems to stop.
Here are some of the things that make them different from us:
1. They wake up in the morning
2. If they’re lazy like most of us, they’ll probably just stay in bed
3. They eat; have breakfast, lunch and dinner etc.
4. Some of them might like to have brunch or supper too
5. They go about their business everyday
6. But if they are free, they go out and have fun
Go to restaurants, parks and stuff you know.
7. They talk to each other, gossip maybe sometimes
8. Get bored
9. They laugh, make jokes and experience emotions like anger, happiness, sadness etc.
10. They dream, both literally and figuratively
11. If you compliment them, they’ll probably blush too
12. They shave/wax and shower too
13. Lastly, they spend most of their day on social media
Just like you are doing, right now
My point being, they’re human beings and should be treated the same way. Thank you so much!
Cover Image Via: huffingtonpost.co.uk