Pakistanis can’t handle the phadda between Fawad Chaudhary and Mufti Muneeb, so they’ve taken to making memes and jokes.
It’s that time of the year again. Once more, we find ourselves at this crossroads – a path that forks two different ways – and we’re confused as to whether the one less traveled is truly worth it.
Thora zyada hogaya, but let’s recap.
Earlier today, Fawad Chaudhary announced that Eid will be on Sunday.
— kanwal khan Pti (@kanwalkpti) May 23, 2020
Now, here’s how Eid works. The Ruet-e-Hilal Committee gathers with its observatory gear to sight the moon. Almost always, some parts of the country celebrate Eid on one day, and the other parts celebrate it separately.
Once Fawad Chaudhary made this announcement, there was only one thing to look forward to – Mufti Muneeb’s response
Backing Fawad Chaudhry to choke slam mufti Muneeb and ruet-e-hilal committee.
— Shumail (@Shumyl) May 23, 2020
Given that people are already expecting this phadda, they’ve taken to social media to make memes on the matter. And honestly, God bless memes. They’re really getting us through these harsh times.
1. Some people memed the moon itself
Chaand right now thinking whether to support Fawad Chaudhry or Mufti Muneeb ur Rehman pic.twitter.com/f1LZbYGX9e
— soha (@SohaTazz) May 23, 2020
2. Others took a WWE route with the phadda between Fawad Chaudhary and Mufti Muneeb
Tonight scene 😂😂😂
fawadchaudhry Vs Mufti Muneeb
Don't forget to watch😬😬😬 pic.twitter.com/WDNM5MjXDd
— Kiran Ahmed. (@Towards__jannah) May 23, 2020
3. Some people wondered what Satan was up to
— 4:00 (@MisKrao) May 23, 2020
4. Others talked about a whole another topic altogether
— A R S L A N 🇵🇰 (@ARSLANology) May 23, 2020
5. Momin Saqib’s legendary meme was called upon to sum up the situation
— Shutup khizar🔥 (@RanaKhizar19) May 23, 2020
6. Others prepped for the dangal
— tabish (@anwartabish5291) May 23, 2020
7. Some people speculated what Fawad Chaudhary and Mufti Muneeb would discuss
Mufti muneeb ur Rehman to Fawad ch 🌚 pic.twitter.com/jZm9gxcMHf
— Usa_ma🕷 (@0ye_CHARSI) May 23, 2020
8. Others talked about the moon once again
Fawad Ch: Eid would be on Sunday
Mufti Muneeb Ur Rehman: Eid would be on Monday
Meanwhile Chand: pic.twitter.com/EolhIjcgh8
— Sabuktageen Khan Afridi (@SabukAfridi) May 23, 2020
9. Seriously, lots of moon memes
— HEADACHE (@eeshahaltaf) May 23, 2020
10. Mufti Muneeb fans also weighed in
— Mazak Masti Memes (@MazakMastiMemes) May 23, 2020
11. And a popular meme format was utilized brilliantly
— Mian Omer 🇵🇰 (@Iam_Mian) May 23, 2020
As one of my colleagues appropriately put it: to Eid or not to Eid, that is the question. What’s your take on this? Let us know in the comments.