There are many firsts in your life but buying your own car has it’s own charm. The moment you get the keys of your first sweet ride, has a taste which is not comparable.
Here are some things that you can relate when you bought your first car:
1. Plastic covers remain on during the first week (or month, even) because you’re very careful about your new purchase
It might sound materialistic but you start prioritizing your car over people. But it’s just for a while. This too shall pass.
2. You might give it a name, even
Bulbul, bunti, baby, to name a few.
3. You’re an annoyingly careful driver with your new car
Kahein lag na jaye.. And if this happens you get all flustered kay abhi tou lee hai.
4. You think twice before taking out your car if you have to go somewhere
Iss road pay khadday hain. I should not venture on this path.
5. You’re very particular about the people who sit in your car
Yaar araam say darwaza band kerna. And if they don’t you give them a whole lecture on your car’s protocol.
6. Keechar on the road is your biggest fear
Because you remember that you just washed it.
7. And washing your car is your favorite activity
You wait for this time whole week and wake up early on Sunday morning to wash your car.
8. You avoid making jokes and pulling pranks in your car because you’re afraid of scratches, dents or just generally getting your dirty
Yaar, gari gandi ho jaye gi.
9. You buy special cleaning equipment just to make sure everything is in top shape
A special kind of cloth with microfibers won’t leave a scratch on your car when you use it on your car. Also, a special shampoo, wax and polish get added to your grocery list.
10. No extra passengers is the rule you strictly follow because your car is far too precious
You are always worried when too many people cram up your car kyun kay gari baith jaye gi.
11. You sometimes go on special long drives just to spend time with your car
Just you, your car and your thoughts. It’s the best time ever.
12. And you’re definitely very particular about the driving rules to avoid getting yourself (and your car) in trouble
Mirrors: check. Seat: adjusted. Camera: at ready for Snapchat.
13. You prepare a special playlist so you can utilize your car’s music system
If someone asks for a change of music, this is how you react:
14. If someone else wants to test drive your car, you get scared shit-less
No. My car.
15. And finally your car starts to feel like another home to you
Do you know someone who just bought their first car?
Cover image via: usmanghafoor.wordpress.com