The writers behind Pakistani dramas put in their heart and soul into the screenplays that we get to watch, and the raw emotions and sentiments actually shine through the dialogues and hard hitting words that some of our favorite characters speak. One such writer is the extremely gifted Umera Ahmed, who has, time and time again, provided us with dramas that have been giving us lessons for so long, we bring you some of our favorite quotes.
1. In “Shehr e Zaat” Umera speaks about the difference between the material and spiritual needs of a human being
2. And how, when a human only cares about themselves, they are nothing more than animals, only looking to survive for themselves
3. In “Dur e Shehwar” Umera describes the importance of zero
4. That if at any point one feels like they are nothing, zero so to say, they should know that zero might just be the most important number of them all
5. When, in “Behadd”, she spoke about keeping emotions within moderation, even if it is love
6. In “Qaid e Tanhai”, she spoke of how the tongue is sharper than the sword and the one using it should always be careful
7. She also shed light on how one should not think too much about things we hold dearly, in “Meri Zaat Zarra e Benishaan”
8. When, in “Muhabbat Subh Ka Sitara”, she spoke about how love trumps everything else
9. And how once you have love, everything else pales in comparison
10. Kashaf’s words from “Zindagi Gulzar Hai” shed light on how emotions make a person weak
11. And how life is so complicated that no matter how hard you struggle, the knots may never come undone
12۔ When in “Daam” she brought into the spotlight people who are all too kind
13. With Fozia Batool in “Baaghi”, Umera brought a new kind of woman to the forefront, one who was confident with herself, one who knew she was enough to sustain life, one who was self-sufficient, and could make a name for herself without having to depend on a man
Umera wrote the screenplay for this iconic Saba Qamar show.
What has been your favorite quote from Umera Ahmed dramas? Let us know in the comments, below. Umera has such a command over the written word and she has given so much to our drama industry and we can’t wait to see what else she has in store for us, in the future. If you are inspired by Umera Ahmed and want to become a writer for the screen just like her, you can take part in Digital Kahani – a competition to find the best script writers in Pakistan.
Cover image via Netflix