Woh sharaabi kiya sharaabi jo nashay mein na rahay
DISCLAIMER: This is not a post in support of alcohol consumption, it’s an observation about something that happens in our society.
Alcohol has been a very big taboo in our society since the advent of time. Being a sharaabi alienates you from a large part of society. And then with the Islamization in the 1970s and shutting down of clubs and bars in Pakistan, it became an even more controversial topic. Having said that, people still haven’t stopped drinking. Old uncle jis in country clubs, younger people sneaking alcohol off and drinking in their rooms with their friends, or even at private (really, really private) parties sprawled all over the metropolitan cities in Pakistan.
Alcohol is such an ingrained part of our society that it’s stupid to believe that nobody is drinking in Pakistan. However, the element of secrecy is still there. People still fear raids by the police (who usually go away if you share some with them), and even worse: parents finding out.
We are not advocating the consumption of alcohol, we’re just talking about something that happens in our society.
There’s no intention to tick anyone off or saying whether it’s okay or not to drink
Thank you for your attention.
So, here are all the people who one may find consuming alcohol in Pakistan:
1. Jo sharaabi chhup ker peete hain
2. Jo chhup chhup ker peete hain
3. Those who don’t drink openly
4. Those who don’t drink and tell
5. Those sharaabi folks who only drink with a specific set of people because they won’t tell anyone else
6. Those who drink secretly
7. Those who don’t tell anyone they drink
8. Jo sharaabi kisi ko nai batatey
9. Jo bandh kamrey mein peete hain
10. Jo sharaabi peene ke baad foran Tulsi khatey hain
11. Those who add Pakola to their daaru to mask the smell
12. Woh sharaabi jo sirf raat ko peetay hain
13. Aur woh jo pee pee ke marr jatay hain
Once again, we’re NOT advocating the consumption of alcohol but it’s your life, agar aap ko bhee pee pee ke peeshee karni hai, zaroor kijiye. Aakhir aap ki marzi hai.