Have you been a kebab mein haddi?
Being single is amazing. That is until you’re always the third wheel aka kebab mein haddi for your friends that are in a relationship. While it’s good to have a good relationship with your best friend’s significant other – constantly being around a lovey-dovey couple can kinda make you want to vomit.
Here are some awkward struggles of being a third wheel in Pakistan:
1. As the kebab mein haddi you have to share quality time with your BFF
It’s hard to get quality time alone with your friends since they’re always with their new pyaar. They even bring them to girls/boys night.
2. Your friend is too scared to go on dates alone because mami/khala/phupo might see them, so you’re dragged along everywhere because of course, that’s the job description of a kebab mein haddi
Sometimes this can be super awkward and annoying but you understand the struggle so you go with it.
3. When you go out to eat you’re always left awkwardly sitting by yourself
Romantic table for two plus one ~please~.
4. You excuse yourself to the bathroom at least three times during the meal so you can give your friend and their lover some privacy
Sometimes your friend will even give you the look that means GTFO fast.
5. When you go to a party and you’re now not only the kebab mein haddi but a 5th, 7th, and 9th wheel too
In a room full of couples you’re on your own. Literally.
6. You’re always reminding your friend that you actually like being single and maybe even their kebab mein haddi
Who needs a relationship when you have food and the internet anyways??
7. Witnessing PDA is just …….
There are some things in life you just can’t un-see.
8. Your friend will always try to make you go on blind dates or surprise you with a rando on a night out so you won’t be the awkward kebab mein haddi
You’re often running away and hiding from said person in the bathroom.
9. Sometimes you wonder if you’ll actually be alone forever and the perpetual kebab mein haddi for all your friends
Will I ever find the one?? Probs not.
10. You sometimes wonder why you even agree to go out with them
What good is this bringing to my life?
11. You awkwardly have to witness them fight as the silent kebab mein haddi
It’s best to somehow get outta there. ASAP.
12. You’re the certified couple’s photographer
You have perfected the art of taking amazing candid couple pictures.
13. You start to feel like their child and sometimes they actually treat you like you are which can be cute………..but also weird
very weird actually.
But oh well, love ya’ll anyway.
What have you been through as a third-wheel? Let us know in the comments below.
cover image via: veryfilmi.com