Susraal is an interesting adjustment for many girls after marriage, some find it quite similar to their homes while others have a bit of a… uhh… process that takes them to get adjusted with this “new family”.
Here are those WTF moments almost every new bahu will have to face in her susraal:
1. Random aunties asking you for a khushkhabri
2. Said random aunties expressing shock at your desire to wait instead of popping babies left, right and center two weeks after marriage
3. Family Whatsapp groups
Who taught them how to Facebook and Whatsapp? WHO?
4. Awkward AF comments if you wake up late or take a shower first thing in the morning
Or basically have any habits that aren’t the ‘rivaaj‘ in your susraal.
5. Everybody asking ‘yeh aap nay banaya hai?’ at dinner parties
‘Yaar jis ne bhee banaya hai… zaika toh nahi badal jana, jaan kar kis ne banaya hai‘
6. Accidental messages meant for your husband but sent to your in-laws
7. The weird dance that happens when you’re in the kitchen at 2 AM trying to sneak a snack and your father-in-law turns up
Uhh… you may think you’re just another twenty-something but you have to behave like a pristine doll in front of your new relatives.
8. Having some one from your in-laws walk in on you during down time with bae
9. Finding accessories to hide your face in if you get walked in on
10. Advice and demonstrations on breastfeeding from chachis and khalas
And them asking you to do it in front of them. No. Just no.
11. Sitting through family arguments with a neutral smile
12. Shopping with them and trying not to cringe at some of the choices
13. Trying to explain why you’re unwell during your period
Periods are just weird for everybody, maybe just show them this.
Good luck, ladies.
Cover image via: pakistani.pk