Okay, I don’t get one thing. Why do people insist on calling other people? I genuinely hate talking on the phone. And it’s not because I’m shy or uncomfortable talking to people. I just hate awkward silences and the pointless need to make conversation, for absolutely no reason.
So if you hate hate hate talking on the phone, like me, you’re going to love this:
1. You hate looking at your phone when someone’s calling you
Ugh just that screen lighting up and the weird vibrations…just…ew….
2. Your phone’s usually on silent
Because you literally can’t stand your own ringtone…
3. You usually turn it over when someone’s calling
Because they’ll text if you don’t answer their phone, right?
4. You refuse to answer unknown numbers at all
Lol you don’t like talking to people you actually know, why would you talk to people you don’t know?
5. You try getting as much work done as possible on text
Baat text per behtar hojaye gi. Promise.
6. Including important business work
Your boss can text you if he can call you. It’s actually quite simple.
7. Or a friend’s break up
Oho, I’m so sorry, challo mere ko text per bata dena saari baat.
8. You miss calls on purpose, with zero intention of calling them back
Even when you promise you will, as soon as you ‘get free’.
9. You can even manage voice notes, but no calls
Voice notes are like texts, but spoken. And that works. Nobody has to reply ussi waqt hi.
10. It’s not that you hate your voice, it’s just that you hate phone calls
Can’t deal with it one bit, nope.
11. You feel like there’s a weird uncertainty about the conversations taking place
And you really don’t want to be put on the spot because
12. Then you’ll panic if you’re put on the spot
13. Actually, you panic at the thought of being put on the spot
14. You have no shame in admitting the fact that you hate calls
15. You’ve explicitly told people not to call you
But do they listen? Nope…
16. You become super assertive if they still insist on talking to you
tHEY STILL DON’T LISTEN #$%^$%$£%^£$
17. You’re not shy, you’re just not comfortable with talking on the phone
18. You’re that kid who goes into shock every time your Amma or Abba say ‘idher hi hai lein baat kerein’
19. You run out of the room if your parents are on the phone with someone if there’s a remote chance of them involving you in the conversation
20. You rehearse everything you have to say
21. You’re actually a great conversationalist, it’s just that calls are so weird…
Are you like that? Let us know how you react when you get a phone call.
Cover image via Hum Network Limited