Shaadi is one of the most important aspects of a person’s life. But the concept of shaadi in a Pakistani’s life? Lol, you better believe it’s a BIG DEAL. Of course, if you are Pakistani, or Indian, or Bengali or anywhere south of the equator, you already know how important it is. Oh and i’m not talking about how important it is to the person getting married, haha no – I am talking about the people who will keep talking about your shaadi forever – and ever. And ever.
Yup, your parents. Your parents will bring up your shaadi constantly in every aspect of your life for no reason:
1. Every time you’re talking about your future plans
Okay, fine, theek hai – this makes sense.
2. As your parents get older
Emotional blackmail? Fine, challo – we can talk.
3. When you’re talking about your present
I mean, okay…
4. When you’re talking about your past
Wait what, why would shaadi be relevant?!
5. When you’re cooking for the family
WHAT does my daal have to do with my husband!?
6. When you’re cleaning your room
I’m folding socks, for me. MY socks. Not any imaginary susraals, CHILL.
7. Every time you get bad grades
Lolsy, okay maybe this is when I bring up shaadi myself.
8. When you ghalti sai come home a little late at night
(Personal favorite) “Log kya kahein gai?!”
9. When your mom’s friends are over
Just because Sehr Khala’s beti is getting married, it doesn’t mean I have to OKAY!?
10. When your relatives visit
Fun hangout session with fam? JK – be ready to be bombarded with (approx.) 2,173,612 questions on ‘Abhii tak shaadi kyun nai hui?’
11. When your cousin’s friend’s chacha’s beti gets haan-ofied
Because this obviously is directly relevant to you.
12. As soon as literally any person’s wedding invitation comes in the mail
“It should be yours.”
13. When you’re literally doing nothing
14. When you’re breathing
15. At birth (yours and anyone else around you)
Mubarak! Beti huiiii, shaadi keh kapray ban gaye?
16. When you really don’t want to talk about shaadi
Annnnnnd the only time they don’t bring it up?
17. When you’re actually ready. Go figure
At the end of the day, our parents love us and just want us to be happy. So no offence to any mama’s and baba’s out there but please, once a day is enough. Love you.
Are you tired of shaadi questions? Do you secretly love them? Are you already married? Do you have a dog? Let us know in the comments section below!
Cover image via: vdos.tv