Okay, so Netflix is finally available in Pakistan. Lots of people are excited about it while there are some people who aren’t (we’re not exactly sure why). For those of you that are already using the service or are thinking about using it, here are a handful of things you should probably know.
1. Internet Speed
You’re probably going to want a 3 Mbps internet connection to stream most of the content on Netflix. If you want to watch HD videos, you’ll need at least a 5 Mbps internet connection.
2. If you watch a lot of television shows or movies, Netflix will be much more economical for you.
3. Everything on Netflix is legal.
Which is not the case for pirated DVDs or torrents. #saynotopiracy
4. There are a ton of Bollywood movies that you can watch.
And we all know how much we Pakistanis like to watch Bollywood movies.
Source: Netflix / Ali Ahsan
5. Netflix original shows are among the best ones around.
And they’re only getting better with the shows Netflix has announced for 2016.
6. And if a show isn’t available due to location limitations, there’s always a VPN 😉
ZenMate is one option because of how easy it is to use. It’s a simple Chrome extention that only takes a few steps to set up.
Source: Ali Ahsan
7. If you can’t decide what movie to watch, get more suggestions from Rotten Tomatoes.
See reviews for movies on Netflix: http://bit.ly/1ZT03vz
8. Or see which of the IMDB 250 movies are on Netflix.
9. And if you still can’t find something, there’s always this subreddit.
10. Still nothing? Maybe you could give Netflix Roulette a try.
11. If you’re watching Netflix on your computer, these keyboard shortcuts will come in hand.
12. Make sure you watch tv shows/movies while connected to wifi.
Otherwise, you’ll run out of mobile data…
13. If you’re in a long-distance relationship, you and your significant other can watch Netflix together through Rabbit.
Or a good friend of yours who is far away.
14. Secret categories
When you log into Netflix, you’ll see some generic categories. What you may not know is that there a bunch of other categories that Netflix doesn’t want to show you. Well, here’s how you can access it. Paste this url http://www.netflix.com/WiAltGenre?agid= into your browser. Then, add a code from this document to see categories such as “Comic Book and Superhero Movies.”
15. Profiles for when different people are using the same Netflix account.
By making different profiles within Netflix, each person in your own family will be able to customize Netflix to their own liking.