Dark circles can be a huge bummer, they pop up when we’re sleep deprived, stressed, or because sadly they’re hereditary. They affect both men and women and can dull out your entire appearance. There are tons of things that can contribute like dehydration, too much salt, smoking, and bad diet. Fortunately, there are many natural ways you can banish and prevent eye bags.
Here are some natural remedies to dark circles that may make you look like a panda
Yes, dark circles look so cute on a panda but not on us humans, unfortunately.
They’re really expensive these days so you might want to wait the price hike out if you really want to try this hack, unless you don’t care for splurging on some tamatar. Tomatoes are an amazing solution for getting rid of eye bags, as they naturally decrease the dark circles and make the skin soft and supple.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of honey and apply it under your eyes. Let it remain for about 10 minutes and wash off with water. Drinking tomato juice mixed with lemon juice and mint leaves is also great to get rid of dark circles.
This one really works and is super affordable. Potatoes have vitamin A, vitamin C, starch, and other enzymes that help nourish the area under your eyes and work like a bleaching agent.
- Start by grating some potatoes. Once grated, extract the juice of the potato using a juicer or using a cheesecloth. You can mix in a teaspoon of honey to the potato juice to make it easier to apply. Once applied to the under eye area, leave on for 30 minutes before wiping with a damp cloth.
Almonds are loaded with vitamin E and K and the oil is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles for good.
- Just apply little almond oil on your dark circles and massage gently. Just leave it overnight and wash in the morning.
Chilled Green Teabags
Another simple technique to get rid of the dark circles is using cold tea bags. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and is a dark circle remedy that’s been used for centuries to improve the under eye area. The caffeine helps shrink blood vessels on the top layer of the skin and reduce puffiness.
- Soak two green tea bags in water. Chill by placing them in the refrigerator for about an hour. Then, place them over your eyes. Use this remedy on a regular basis to see a difference.
Rose water helps rejuvenate the skin and is well known for its beauty qualities. Rose water can be used to get rid of dark circles super fast.
- Soak cotton balls in rose water and place them on the dark circles. Leave them for 15 minutes and wash with cold water later. Repeat every night for a month for the best results.
Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that help those raccoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator. Put the slices onto the problem area for 10 minutes. Wash with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week.
If you struggle with dark circles, try these out and don’t forget to tell us how they worked for you.
Cover image via: wikr.com