As we all know, Lahore’s been all up in smog again. Visibility is at an all-time low and people have even been killed as a result of the smog’s heavy shrouding blanket in the city.
According to the Air Quality Index, too, the situation is pretty concerning.
— Waqar Ghani (@_waqarghani) October 30, 2017
Now that a heavy cover of smog combined with fog has enveloped Lahore, we thought that if nothing else will make people care about the environment, a reminder of what Lahore looked like before the smog might just help a little. So let’s have a look at what Lahore looked like before the smog, and what it looks like after the smog.
Just FYI: we kinda sorta predicted this a year ago.
1. The Lahore we all once knew was visible from near and far, and looked absolutely stunning, too.
2. Now, however, you can barely see Lahore enough to appreciate its immense beauty.
3. The Lahore that once reveled in great majesty…
4. …now lies enveloped by a poisonous layer of smog.
5. Where you could once appreciate its grandeur with a clear and crisp view…
6. …you are now left gaping at the scenery, struggling to see what’s behind the thick, smoky layers.
7. The Lahore that was once bright and lit up…
8. …seems to have been dulled down by the damage to its environment.
9. The same Lahore that housed its inhabitants with glee and fervor…
10. …now seems to be pleading to those very inhabitants to make them care about its worsening state.
11. In fact, people are now seen to gear up and opt for protective measures from the very same smog.
12. Lahore’s lively streets – full of color and joy…
13. …seem desolate – like Lahore is giving up.
14. Lahore, the heart of our nation…
15. …seems to be tugging at the hearts of its inhabitants, begging them to pay it some attention and be helpful in any way whatsoever.
Doesn’t this break your heart? It sure breaks mine, and I’m not even from Lahore. If you want to know how to stay safe in this smog and what you can do to help, head on over here. Everything around us is giving us signs that Nature is fighting back. Perhaps it’s time we stopped aggravating it in the first place.
Do you have anything you’d like to share with us regarding the smog? Let us know in the comments below.