Ladies, you know MangoBaaz is in love with all things strong and feminist and women’s rights and – okay yeah, you get the point.
However, sometimes trying to be a strong and independent woman in Pakistan can be a little challenging. Everything from the way your guy friends treat you to what you want to study in school. Let’s just be honest, sometimes it can REALLY SUCK.
Which is why we decided to make a list of things we think all strong and independent women in Pakistan should know. Love you.
1. Having someone around to pamper you doesn’t mean you’re not independent.
Hey, everyone can use a little TLC.
2. Being able to express your emotions and be sensitive is a GR8 THING
Strong women cry, friends – it doesn’t make you weak, it makes you human.
3. You still want traditional things in life, guess what – THAT’S COOL.
Have an arranged marriage! Get a puppy! Have kids! Be a stay at home mama, IT’S YOUR LIFE LOVELY.
4. Being judged is hard (@Phupo’s).
Don’t pay attention to the negativity that people lay out but don’t blame them either. They may not understand the kind of life you want to lead because they never got the chance to. Peace, love, and vibes only!
5. Having someone to vent to shouldn’t make you feel weak, ever.
EVER. Holding things in and bottling your emotions is just silly.
6. It’s OKAYYYY to take it easy.
Deep breaths in, deep breaths out.
7. Don’t worry so much, take the weight of the whole DUNYA off your shoulders.
You are human after all. Things are never AS bad as they seem.
8. Asking for help is not a bad thing, it’s commendable.
It will never make you any less strong and it will never make you any less important. Promise.
9. Just because you’re strong amazing and independent, it’s OKAY to have crushes and relationships.
BOYS ARE GREAT.
10. ‘Log kya kahein gai,‘ is just. a. sentence.
Okay yes, we live in a society full of people who just LOVE TO TALK, but that doesn’t mean it should stop you from living the life you want to live.
11. Know that your parents just want to see you happy.
They may also be the ones saying the former point, but in the end – your parents just want the best for you. Always.
12. People may not understand your personality, but that’s not anyone’s fault.
Again, your life choices are your own friend. Make sure you do what feels right for YOU.
13. Stay strong, stay amazing, you’re never alone.
Have anything else you want to let the ladies of Pakistan know? Do any of you ladies have anything else you want to add on to this list? Are you strong? Are you independent? Are you AMAZING? Why yes, yes you are. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Cover image via: Red Chillies Entertainment