They are a magical creation by mankind that almost makes you forget how weak your eyesight is. ALMOST.
If you are a daily contact lenses wearer, you know life isn’t as easy as it seems. It’s often about invisible grains magnetically getting stuck to your lenses, irritation, headaches and crawling on the floor looking for lost lenses. Here are struggles every lens wearer can relate to:
1. When you’re in a hurry and your lens decides to play hide and seek
The days when you were left only with one lens because you couldn’t find the other one and you had to crawl all over the place to find it.
2. In case you found the lost lens, you had to quickly save it from crumpling and dying from thirst
2. You have inserted both lenses in the same eye on days you were too sleepy or tired to notice
And you wondered why the world was still blurry
3. If both your eyes have a different number you’ve sometimes mistakenly swapped the lenses
And again you wonder why the world is blurry.
4. Not being able to enjoy windy days because you never know what will get stuck to your lenses and ruin your day
5. Getting kajal or mascara in your lenses, turning you into a horror movie character
6. Not taking proper care of lens hygiene because you’re too lazy
7. You still remember the struggle of putting it in for the first time
8. Using water in emergency situations where you didn’t have the solution
9. Falling asleep with your lenses on despite knowing how bad it is for your eyes
10. Wearing lenses for more hours than they are designed to bear and then having itchy eyes
11. Wearing lenses that only promise 3 months, for more than a year and then havig itchy eyes AGAIN
12. When they decide to drop out of your eye during a conversation
And you have to pretend what just happened was perfectly normal.
13. The burn, the fire and the PAIN of inserting lenses after a spicy meal
14. When it gets lost somewhere in your eye and you wonder if it’s going to stick to the back of your eye forever
15. When it decides to break into pieces right there in your eyeball
16. Getting scared after reading scary fake stories about lens wearers on the internet
17. Having pinched your actual eyeball instead of pinching the lens while taking it out
18. But you don’t really mind the struggles because at the end of the day, they help you see clearer
Cover image via: @jannatmirza_ / Instagram